Um big wireless problems

upliftsleet1974

So the router is Arris-22D2 and I am 50 feet away and I am getting abound 13mbps down and 4-5mbps up... But any games I play I get crazy lag and my ping is all over the place!

Any ideas on how to fix this?

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

Do you have game packet priority set to low in the router settings?

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Whats your routers advertised range? You might be out of optimal range for its operation. You could see if it is customer firmware compatible, if so DDwrt can boost the signal range. Use at your own risk however. 

EDIT: wow I'm having trouble finding your router's info online. Not a very well known brand it seems. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Do you have game packet priority set to low in the router settings?

Nope there is no setting for this :(

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

holy garbage how did you get decent internet speeds all of a sudden?

holy garbage how did you get decent internet speeds all of a sudden?

Not my internet trying to fix it for someone!

So the router is Arris-22D2 and I am 50 feet away and I am getting abound 13mbps down and 4-5mbps up... But any games I play I get crazy lag and my ping is all over the place!

Not being 50 feet away.

If people are using the internet while you are using it and you do not have port forwarding and QoS set up you will continue to experience this frustrating problem.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.