Water cooling question

Can I install a watercooler for my motherboard, Asrock A520M/ac ? like would it be able to handle water cooling ? I'm looking to upgrading my CPU, which is a Ryzen 3, 3100 to a Ryzen 5, 5600x. I know most people say just stick with the stock cooler but I was just curious if this is possible. Also, I am new to building a gaming pc rig so bare with me lol. 

Thanks. 

as far as I know, every motherboard can handle water cooling. Generally speaking, watercooling is nearly never worth it. That said, I have a custom loop in my computer as well

If I see this correctly, you have 3 fan headers on the board, so it should be fine for a dual rad and a pump.

so what would you say is the best type of cooling ? if you mind me asking? and nothing too expensive as well, something reasonable? Also, thank you for taking time to acknowledge my questions. I really appreciate that 😀 

I build my loop with parts from aliexpress. I have a pretty cheap CPU block, a decent pump from bykski and a 280mm rad for the CPU. I recently added the GPU to the loop, so I added another 240mm rad 

soft tubing is generally the cheapest and also the easiest. You can get 8 barbed fittings for about 6$ i think, and you could even use cable ties to secure the tubing on that. In my first build I used a 12V aquarium pump from ebay for 10$. It did the job pretty good, but it was a little louder than I liked. I still use it in my laptop though.

There are two different types of water cooling.

Do you mean a closed loop cooler/AIO cooler like this:

6422733_sd.jpg

While there are some like the Arctic Liquid Freezer II that are cost effective, it's still overkill for a 5600X over a good air cooler that will be cheaper with similar results.

Also guys, be sure to use the quote button so you're that people are properly altered when you reply.

quote.PNG.3131bf494c233b9e9751b3729e9830b2.PNG

oh okay. I really appreciate you taking time out of your day to help me with my questions. Thank you! 

Oh yeah, i might have forgotten to mention AIOs. If you want to water cool just for the fun of it, I would go with a custom loop, though

yeah, I was referring to a close looped cooler just it can be quieter. you know what I mean ? but if your saying it's over kill, should I just stick with the stock cooler then ? 

You could also just get a better air cooler. The cooler master 212 evo is pretty good and also pretty cheap

2 minutes ago, Nicholas Rodriguez said:

yeah, I was referring to a close looped cooler just it can be quieter. you know what I mean ? but if your saying it's over kill, should I just stick with the stock cooler then ? 

You could get an inexpensive air cooler. There are many options that are better than the stock cooler that will get you a decent amount of silence. What was your budget?

Honestly, do not waste money on a watercooled system.
Even AIOs are honestly not worth the price. Get a decent air cooler. You'll save yourself the long term headache too.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Thank you guys so much to helping me out with this decision making. Thank you and my budget was somewhere between 100-300

The 5600x is a 65W chip afaik. Even a pretty cheap tower cooler should keep it cool quite easily.