PC with 2 amd GPUs issue

MrBigD1409

hi guys, i have an issue, ive got my main amd rx 5700xt connected to my main monitor and i ve got a amd r7 240 gpu and i know that it works cause on the other pc is working, and i wanted to install it on my main pc and connect the 2nd monitor that i have but the pc doesn not recognize it, if i try with a 2nd gpu but NVDIA the pc does recognize it, i am doing this casue i wanted to mine some shit coins on it since it has 4gb of VRAM, could it be that its not working cause of driver issues please help me.
PS dont start arguing about why you do it its not gonna be profitable etc etc just stick to the issue thank you

Your main 5700xt will be far faster than the 240 even only working at a percentage of its speed. There would be no reason to use the 240 unless you just wanted it to mine slower than the machine could mine. The 5700 could mine and run both screens.

50 minutes ago, emosun said:

Your main 5700xt will be far faster than the 240 even only working at a percentage of its speed. There would be no reason to use the 240 unless you just wanted it to mine slower than the machine could mine. The 5700 could mine and run both screens.

like i said i already know that, i want to install the 2nd gpu and mine some shitcoins for my brother i already know hashrate old gpu and stuff like that, my question was how to fix it (i already fixed it both gpus working fine)

1 more question guys how can i update the driver of the amd r7 240 without interfering with the latest driver for the rx 5700 xt (the amd software recognizes both GPUs)

38 minutes ago, MrBigD1409 said:

like i said i already know that, i want to install the 2nd gpu and mine some shitcoins for my brother i already know hashrate old gpu and stuff like that

Oh ok. What I was getting at is if you set your 5700 to a limit of like 10 to 20% usage you can exceed the 240 while barely using any power from the 5700. 

Basically you can have a more simplified setup that might be more stable than using the 240 with its own drivers. That and the 240 might not like 100% usage all the time and could overheat or break in some form causing the machine to crash or freeze ect. 

Basically just saying do exactly what you had in mind but use a very small % of the 5700 for the trash coins.

13 minutes ago, emosun said:

Oh ok. What I was getting at is if you set your 5700 to a limit of like 10 to 20% usage you can exceed the 240 while barely using any power from the 5700. 

Basically you can have a more simplified setup that might be more stable than using the 240 with its own drivers. That and the 240 might not like 100% usage all the time and could overheat or break in some form causing the machine to crash or freeze ect. 

Basically just saying do exactly what you had in mind but use a very small % of the 5700 for the trash coins.

what part of I WANT TO MINE ON THIS CARD you dont understand lol, i already know all the stuff you said thats why i was asking for the drivers, how can i update the drivers since they both amd and use same software, would there be any interferences between the drivers