my monitor is making weird lines on the bottom 5/7 of the screen after 9 months of service.

Go to solution Solved by Alienware 15 R2,

Sorry for your monitor loss 馃槥.

I hope you can get a new one and this wont ever happen again.

How i confirmed it was the monitor:

changed resolution聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽(didn't work)

uninstalled the Nvidia driver聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 (didn't work)

used HDMI instead of the default DVI聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽聽(didn't work)

used HDMI with my dvd player instead of PC聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 (didn't work)

what I did after confirming it was the monitor:

reset its settings聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 (didn't work)

reset to factory after turning it off and pressing power for 30 secs聽(didn't work)

found the demo part and checked if off it was off made it on it took the right part of the screen off made it back as it was

tried calibrating the colors聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽聽 (didn't work)

unplugged it and left it overnight聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 (didn't work)

there was a weird thing i noticed and its that when the screen was looking for HDMI and it was fully blue it didn't show the lines

I went to this website that shows colors on screen

Colour test screen (ledr.com)

it was almost invisible on black and pink but I could barely see it after getting close but it was there

I tried painting using windows paint 1 pixel on the brighter and normal lines to check if they r just dead or suck at one color but they were very responsive just brighter

when i get very close its like its beating like 60 times a min or so

if I could describe it its as if there was 1080 horizontal lines going from top to bottom the first 2/7 is normal without the weird lines

then as if every other line is brighter and every pair line normal

Should I open the monitor or get someone to fix it shipping it back costs more than the monitor's price.

I'm lost

Plz help

Monitor: benq zowie XL2720-B (my 9 month old baby聽馃槶)

Operating system win 10 pro 64-bit (insider program)

CPU: i74770 3.40GHz.

MoBo: ASROCKH81M-DGS R2.0(latest BIOS).

Ram: 16GB.

GPU: Msi GTX1070Ti Gaming.

SSD: 1Tb Goldenfir.

PSU: 650cv聽corsair

22 minutes ago, Noob-pc-builder said:

How i confirmed it was the monitor:

changed resolution聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽(didn't work)

uninstalled the Nvidia driver聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 (didn't work)

used HDMI instead of the default DVI聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽聽(didn't work)

used HDMI with my dvd player instead of PC聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 (didn't work)

what I did after confirming it was the monitor:

reset its settings聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 (didn't work)

reset to factory after turning it off and pressing power for 30 secs聽(didn't work)

found the demo part and checked if off it was off made it on it took the right part of the screen off made it back as it was

tried calibrating the colors聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽聽 (didn't work)

there was a weird thing i noticed and its that when the screen was looking for HDMI and it was fully blue it didn't show the lines

I went to this website that shows colors on screen

Colour test screen (ledr.com)

it was almost invisible on black and pink but I could barely see it after getting close but it was there

when i get very close its like its beating like 60 times a min or so

if I could describe it its as if there was 1080 horizontal lines going from top to bottom the first 2/7 is normal without the weird lines

then as if every other line is brighter and every pair line normal

Should I open the monitor or get someone to fix it shipping it back costs more than the monitor's price.

I'm lost

Plz help

Monitor: benq zowie XL2720-B (my 9 month old baby聽馃槶)

Operating system win 10 pro 64-bit (insider program)

CPU: i74770 3.40GHz.

MoBo: ASROCKH81M-DGS R2.0(latest BIOS).

Ram: 16GB.

GPU: Msi GTX1070Ti Gaming.

SSD: 1Tb Goldenfir.

PSU: 650cv聽corsair

Seems like a monitor Panel Failure since its only displaying the colors on every other color. I would replace or RMA it but have you tried a hard power drain?

10 minutes ago, Alienware 15 R2 said:

Seems like a monitor Panel Failure since its only displaying the colors on every other color. I would replace or RMA it but have you tried a hard power drain?

you mean unplug and leave for 12 hours b4 turning on again. I did that and forgot to mention it.

btw I used paint and painted 1pixel at a time

its displaying it in every line not every other line I tested 1 pixel at a time so its just that every other line is brighter for some reason also the top 2 brighter聽ones are聽聽closer to normal than the rest and are beating at the frequency of a heartbeat if that helps.

1 hour ago, Noob-pc-builder said:

you mean unplug and leave for 12 hours b4 turning on again. I did that and forgot to mention it.

btw I used paint and painted 1pixel at a time

its displaying it in every line not every other line I tested 1 pixel at a time so its just that every other line is brighter for some reason also the top 2 brighter聽ones are聽聽closer to normal than the rest and are beating at the frequency of a heartbeat if that helps.

Its a panel issue then because if its having those issues where every other line is brighter for some reason. Im gonna say this simple and easy but either you buy a new panel and service it yourself like what @LinusTechdid in one of his videos then you're good. But if you can't then just RMA.

35 minutes ago, Alienware 15 R2 said:

Its a panel issue then because if its having those issues where every other line is brighter for some reason. Im gonna say this simple and easy but either you buy a new panel and service it yourself like what @LinusTechdid in one of his videos then you're good. But if you can't then just RMA.

I can't find the panel serial for my monitor

I think you need to replace it then sorry, I looked everywhere but couldn't find the actual Panel for the Monitors but I found the boards.

On 6/4/2021 at 5:58 PM, Alienware 15 R2 said:

I think you need to replace it then sorry, I looked everywhere but couldn't find the actual Panel for the Monitors but I found the boards.

same the boards are everywhere on aliexpress.

oh well its ok it has served me well and it will always have its place in my heart.

image.jpeg.f4b64cd3c422132d9d74d1d3d6070f47.jpeg

Sorry for your monitor loss 馃槥.

I hope you can get a new one and this wont ever happen again.