GPU Sag question....

devbloggs

So, built myself a PC after about 10 years since the last, and was noticing a lot of GPU sag problems and support brackets being sold etc.

Is it depending on the make / model of GPU? or the quality of youre mobo / pci express slot qaulity?

I have no bracket and have zero sag as far as i can tell (without actually measuring)

what's the deal

pic for attention?!

20210330_171611.jpg

1 minute ago, devbloggs said:

So, built myself a PC after about 10 years since the last, and was noticing a lot of GPU sag problems and support brackets being sold etc.

Is it depending on the make / model of GPU? or the quality of youre mobo / pci express slot qaulity?

I have no bracket and have zero sag as far as i can tell (without actually measuring)

what's the deal

pic for attention?!

Nice PC!

GPU sag is a problem for some heavier cards. GPU sag is prevented by a light(er) GPU, stronger PCIE slots in the case, and and armored PCIE slot, what mobo do you have, so I can see if you have an armored slot.

The GPU you are using is known to be pretty heavy, so if you notice GPU sag I would get a bracket, but if you don't see any, then it's not really anything to worry about. 

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

From my experience it's almost always the case that's the issue with most cards.

The heavier cards tend to sag a bit naturally but the modern GPU's that are of decent quality usually have some sort of bracing on the PCB under cooler to help prevent sag.