Outdoor access point

Hi, I have been looking at outdoor access points to expand my wifi network into the garden. I have seen this access point on Amazon : LINK and wondered if this would work for my network. I have a ADSL router which has WiFi turned on, and a second router which has the network cable plugged into the LAN port, so it is acting as an access point not a router. This setup works really well. Would it be possible to connect the linked outdoor access point up to my network and use it to get improved coverage in my garden? Would this improve the speeds and range of my iPads, iPhones and computers? The reason I ask this is because will my iPad be able to transmit far enough for the access point to be able to pick it up? Thanks in advance for your help, Brandon

EDIT : Here is a better link : http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?categoryid=216&model=TL-WA5210G

Why not pick up a Ubiquiti Unifi AP Outdoor+? Will be much better then the TP-Link one.

Why not pick up a Ubiquiti AP Outdoor?

Do you have any particular suggestions? I am looking for a budget solution

Do you have any particular suggestions? I am looking for a budget solution

Check out http://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-UniFI-Outdoor-system-factor/dp/B00FBFXAW4/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1396383916&sr=1-1&keywords=unifi+ap+outdoor%2B

It's about twice as expensive, but it will be so much better.

Thanks for the recommendation, I will definitely check this out. Will the solution I originally posted about actually work though?

Thanks for the recommendation, I will definitely check this out. Will the solution I originally posted about actually work though?

It should work, yes.