Random Display no signal

Friess45

I have been having random no display signals on my pc...it doesn’t matter what I’m doing. I can boot and access windows log in but the no signal black screen happens randomly sometime it happens with 1-2 minutes other times it takes hours. Seems like the pc is all on and running when this happens and I can even hear audio. I’ve used new display port cables and hdmi cables. Different monitors. 

I have tried reinstalling windows..deleting and updating drivers. Reinstalling the GPU. And a new PSU. No display signal even happens in mobo bios and when in safe mode. Only time the display does not lose signal is when I’m plugged into the mobo. Is my graphics card dying??

specs

asus z270e mobo 

32 gigs Ram tridentz

Intel i7 7700k

gtx 1080 gpu

850 watt PSU 

Yeah that sounds like a graphics card issue to me. You have swapped out everything else. Maybe try a different PCI slot on your motherboard if one is available but that is a long shot.

Yeah. That’s what I’m afraid of lol. Ofc it happens when getting a new gpu either can’t happen or doesn’t make sense to spend 1.5k on one. I have not tried the other pcie slot or testing my gpu in another system. What’s weird is the gpu seems fine looking at the thermals and usage.