PC is not working...

So I recently rebuilt my system and I was missing a sata power cable. I, being the naive pc builder I am, plugged in an evga cord not knowing it mattered. I have a HX1000 Platinum and ever since I plugged in the cable my system powers up but doesn’t boot. Only the ram and motherboard lights would come on, nothing would spin and I’m lost on what to do. I haven’t tested the psu but I think I might’ve broken it... I ordered a new rm850 2019 or whatever but it hasn’t gotten here and I’m freaking out on what to do. My Asus Maximus 11 hero shows 00 on the g code readout and that doesn’t help me much. If anyone has an insight that would help. I have a 9700k, msi 3070, and asus mobo. Also a lot of cabling for my 8 ll120s and h100i and 4 rgb strips. Oh yeah, and I have cablemod cables.

Oh yeah you shorted the psu so that is probably dead dead. As for the system hope it is ok just DO NOT BOOT IT WITH THE CURRENT PSU. As for anything connected to the sata cable that is probably dead too so when the new system comes in do not plug any of that in whilst testing.

It is normally clearly in the manual to not use any cables but compatible ones.

6 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Oh yeah you shorted the psu so that is probably dead dead. As for the system hope it is ok just DO NOT BOOT IT WITH THE CURRENT PSU. As for anything connected to the sata cable that is probably dead too so when the new system comes in do not plug any of that in whilst testing.

It is normally clearly in the manual to not use any cables but compatible ones.

Ok thanks for confirming that... I had a drive plugged in... is that toast?

1 minute ago, Iain399 said:

Ok thanks for confirming that... I had a drive plugged in... is that toast?

Who knows. First test without it plugged in and see if the system gets to bios. If it does that is great and then you can try with the drive. If it doesn't then well yeah that is going to be a crapshow to diagnose what does and does not work. Also don't forget to rma your hx1000 platinum.

Just now, jaslion said:

Who knows. First test without it plugged in and see if the system gets to bios. If it does that is great and then you can try with the drive. If it doesn't then well yeah that is going to be a crapshow to diagnose what does and does not work. Also don't forget to rma your hx1000 platinum.

Is it still good to rma? Had it for about a year

Just now, Iain399 said:

Also is my h100i, leds, fans, and commands pro dead?

Just now, Iain399 said:

Those should have a 10 year warranty.

Just now, Iain399 said:

Also is my h100i, leds, fans, and commands pro dead?

Who knows. You need to test your system I cannot tell you what will and will not work just advise on what to do when the new psu arrives to minimize any risk to the system.