Friend's First Build for $1500 AUD

Go to solution Solved by Schnitz,

Budget (including currency): ≈ $1500 AUD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: This PC will be used to play AAA games such as Shadow of the Tomb Raider, GTA 5 and The Witcher 3 and many more games. The PC will also be usedd to complete school work using Autodesk Fusion 360 and Adobe Photoshop, Animate and Premire.

Other details My friend is looking for a easy and affordable upgrade path for the future. (Not buying a new PSU or Motherboard) He already has a avalable Windows 10 pro activation code so it is not required in the parts list. 

Hello, I have been tasked to build a friend a PC for $1500 AUD and I was wondering if this is a solid build for long term usage. He plays a variety of different games that heavly use both CPU and GPU and he would prefer a Intel core but wouldnt mind having a AMD core. He requires a Nvidia GPU that has 4GB of dedicated vram and a minimum of 16GB of 3200mhz CL18 Ram with a PSU that is at least 80+Gold efficency and a ATX motherboard and ATX mid case. The temps at idle must be around 20C-45C and under full load must not exeed 85C-90C with the cpu cooler's noise been lower than 26dB. Anything RGB and extra fan cases are optional. Any help or suggestions for the build would be much appreciated. Thanks!

- PC I designed for $1537 AUD

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/Schnitz31/saved/#view=HjWdHx

Budget (including currency): ≈ $1500 AUD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: This PC will be used to play AAA games such as Shadow of the Tomb Raider, GTA 5 and The Witcher 3 and many more games. The PC will also be usedd to complete school work using Autodesk Fusion 360 and Adobe Photoshop, Animate and Premire.

Other details My friend is looking for a easy and affordable upgrade path for the future. (Not buying a new PSU or Motherboard) He already has a avalable Windows 10 pro activation code so it is not required in the parts list. 

Hello, I have been tasked to build a friend a PC for $1500 AUD and I was wondering if this is a solid build for long term usage. He plays a variety of different games that heavly use both CPU and GPU and he would prefer a Intel core but wouldnt mind having a AMD core. He requires a Nvidia GPU that has 4GB of dedicated vram and a minimum of 16GB of 3200mhz CL18 Ram with a PSU that is at least 80+Gold efficency and a ATX motherboard and ATX mid case. The temps at idle must be around 20C-45C and under full load must not exeed 85C-90C with the cpu cooler's noise been lower than 26dB. Anything RGB and extra fan cases are optional. Any help or suggestions for the build would be much appreciated. Thanks!

- PC I designed for $1537 AUD

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/Schnitz31/saved/#view=HjWdHx

Monitor and extra peripherals are already bought and are not added in the budget. 

12 minutes ago, Schnitz said:

(Not buying a new PSU or Motherboard)

Would be impossible with new Intel and AMD sockets and DDR5 around the corner.

15 minutes ago, Schnitz said:

ATX motherboard and ATX mid case

Why? The motherboard selection in Australia makes MATX mobos the better option here.

If you wanna pay this much for a 1660s, be my guest. My recommendation would be to get the Non F CPU and use the iGPU until you get a better gpu for that price.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-11400F 2.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($229.00 @ BPC Technology) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S redux 70.75 CFM CPU Cooler  ($88.67 @ Amazon Australia) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B560M AORUS PRO Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard  ($149.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL15 Memory  ($92.00 @ Umart) 
Storage: Kingston A2000 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($73.00 @ Amazon Australia) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB VENTUS XS OC Video Card  ($605.00 @ I-Tech) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR400 (w/o ODD) MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($77.00 @ Amazon Australia) 
Power Supply: Enermax Revolution D.F. 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Total: $1412.67
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-05-28 15:47 AEST+1000

Big nerd. 

PCPartPicker List Link

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1400, Deepcool Gammaxx 400 V2 Blue, Biostar B450MH, Timetec 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16, Adata SU650 240GB, WD Blue 250GB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM, MSI Aero GTX 1060 3GB, Cougar MG130G, Segotep 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold, HP 22EB, Samsung S22E450D, Sceptre E205-W, Gamakay LK67 with Gat Reds and HK Gaming Chalk keycaps, Logitech G305 Lightspeed, Shure MV7, Gertisan Mic Arm, OneOdio Headphones, CM SickleFlow Blue Fan, Iceberg Thermal IceGALE 140MM Teal x2, Cougar case fan

Rack Project (Build log link)

Spoiler