GPU Fan Speed Won't Drop Below 49% with Afterburner

Go to solution Solved by Biohazard777,

The list is set to private:

image.png.c29b00cd8ea9676637fff4a9ffbd5068.png

Dunno which 1060 you've got. 
Anyhow it is common for manufactures to set a minimum fan speed in the VBIOS, if that is the case you'd have to flash a new (modded) one onto the card... and I don't recommend messing with that unless you've got a good reason for it.

I'm trying to adjust my GPU fan curves with MSI Afterburner to be quieter while idle since it's the loudest component in my build currently. I can turn the fan speed up without problem, but they won't go below 49% (pictured). I updated to the newest version of Afterburner and I have the latest graphics drivers. I read that it could be a conflict with other MSI programs or other software that controls fans, but I don't think I have any of those installed. Not sure if I'm missing some important setting or if this is impossible for some reason.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/greenlotad/saved/zxT9rH

367262554_afterburnerfancurvenotworking.thumb.png.f677532ad0d06048de8598b227809dd5.png

Anyhow it is common for manufactures to set a minimum fan speed in the VBIOS, if that is the case you'd have to flash a new (modded) one onto the card... and I don't recommend messing with that unless you've got a good reason for it.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

2 minutes ago, Biohazard777 said:

Whoops, I unchecked the box for private now. But I think you answered my question. I don't have the bravery for BIOS flashing so I guess I'll stick with things how they are. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, greenlotad said:

Whoops, I unchecked the box for private now. But I think you answered my question. I don't have the bravery for BIOS flashing so I guess I'll stick with things how they are. Thanks!

Just checked it for you:
https://videocardz.com/review/msi-geforce-gtx-1060-6gt-oc

image.thumb.png.379963d405db15e9af1b3c27e88c1dc5.png

image.thumb.png.8c4c80f0252eec91fd0d02c0c23101ef.png

Not official specification but judging by what other owners say it is set to 49% min.

And yeah I wouldn't mess with VBIOS for this either heh.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet