How to install FFmpeg library

Go to solution Solved by GuiltySpark_,

I know telling people to google things is a no no around here but I found this extremely quickly. 

https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/installing_ffmpeg_for_windows.html

1. Go to the external FFmpeg download page.
  2. Directly underneath "TO DOWNLOAD Lame and FFmpeg for Windows, click links BELOW:", left-click the link ffmpeg-win-2.2.2.exe and save the file anywhere on your computer.
  3. Double-click ffmpeg-win-2.2.2.exe to launch the installer (you can safely ignore any warnings that the "publisher could not be verified").
  4. Read the License and click Next, Next and Install to install the required files to C:\Program Files\FFmpeg for Audacity (or C:\Program Files (x86)\FFmpeg for Audacity on a 64-bit version of Windows).
  5. If Audacity was running when you installed FFmpeg, either restart Audacity or follow the steps to manually locate FFmpeg.

Hope it helps. 

So I'm basically trying to mix some files in audacity but it says I need the FFmpeg library but I have tried to install it but my slow brain can't understand how to do it because it's damn Windows 10 and nothing as simple as like ubuntu

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Have you tried moving the ffmpeg.exe into the audacity plug ins folder? I only use ffmpeg with command line but I keep it in the root folder of whatever project I'm working on

Just now, NinJake said:

Have you tried moving the ffmpeg.exe into the audacity plug ins folder? I only use ffmpeg with command line but I keep it in the root folder of whatever project I'm working on

I'm not even sure where to get the actual exe 

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

I know telling people to google things is a no no around here but I found this extremely quickly. 

1. Go to the external FFmpeg download page.
  2. Directly underneath "TO DOWNLOAD Lame and FFmpeg for Windows, click links BELOW:", left-click the link ffmpeg-win-2.2.2.exe and save the file anywhere on your computer.
  3. Double-click ffmpeg-win-2.2.2.exe to launch the installer (you can safely ignore any warnings that the "publisher could not be verified").
  4. Read the License and click Next, Next and Install to install the required files to C:\Program Files\FFmpeg for Audacity (or C:\Program Files (x86)\FFmpeg for Audacity on a 64-bit version of Windows).
  5. If Audacity was running when you installed FFmpeg, either restart Audacity or follow the steps to manually locate FFmpeg.

Hope it helps. 

6 minutes ago, rickeo said:

Hope it helps. 

I actually got that but audacity won't recognize it

Reminder⚠️

2 minutes ago, Kanna said:

I actually got that but audacity won't recognize it

So you installed ffmpeg-win-2.2.2.exe and restarted Audacity exactly as the instructions state?

1 minute ago, rickeo said:

So you installed ffmpeg-win-2.2.2.exe and restarted Audacity exactly as the instructions state?

ohh I actually installed the wrong one, now it works

Reminder⚠️