[UPDATES] Facebook, Instagram, Twitter could get blocked in India tomorrow[6 months now]

VirusDumb
20 minutes ago, SeAsOn3 said:

Yup, that could really be the case, it's said that the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) runs a "IT Cell" which reports and deletes posts defaming Narendra Modi and the party. The farmers protests are still going on, they were at their peak during Q1 of 2021, when popular celebrities such as Rihanna started tweeting about it. So It's very much possible that the party is misusing it's government power to stop these defamation and get control over these platforms.

It is not said, it is a fact that the BJP IT Cell, remember all the information that leaked from their hate speech and misiniformation spreading group on Telegram back in like early this year ?
And it is clear that the ruling party BJP has proposed a lot of controversial things in the new IT laws which I would suggest everyone to go through once (I have read it) and there is a part of it which just says "F*ck you" to E2E encryption i.e. it would allow the Indian government to not only see users messages on end to end encrypted platforms but also trace a popular message to its origin. Now how could this be used to suppress free speech ? rn every sane Indian knows Modi isn't a good guy (some of us knew that since like 2015) and everyone is criticizing him. And whatsapp is SUPER popular in India so say someone sends you a message making fun of BJP/RSS/Modi, then they can just use the new IT laws to trace its origin to you and then charge you with sedition and other charges falsely since they pretty influence the judiciary a lot rn. Also another scenario, Imagine you are an opposition leader who uses whatsapp to discuss somethings with your party members then the BJP can just screw you by using the IT laws to demand to know the contents of the message.

18 hours ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

Very disappointed that the Indian government did not go ahead with the ban just to show that they mean business. I promise you that all employees in their American HQs are sipping on wine currently while laughing at India. They will most likely just "take more time" and then come back with excuses instead of changes. There is no need to bump this thread any further.

You don't seem like ya know anything about the Indian politcal landscape. First things to know are the government spreads their propaganda through Whatsapp, Telegram, Facebook and even through some 4$$h0l3s on twitter. So they won't ban 'em they will allow them to operate but have some control over these services and looking at the fervor of the current government, it will be used to suppress free speech and invade user privacy + if they go to the extreme end we could see them implementing something like the pandora's box program USA had under their patriot act.

18 hours ago, Vishera said:

I think that the law should be enforced,they had time and failed to comply.

y'all Europooreans and Muricans are just pressing for these laws to be enforce when none of you God-damn sons of b*tch3s have read what is in those god-damn laws ! They are bad for the people and their privacy and I as an Indian have actually read what is in those laws. so plox stop saying things you don't know about. I would also like to apologize for any of my statements that might have been offensive to anyone, I am just really angry seeing how people are saying these laws should be enforced when these laws clearly invade someone's privacy (including me)

18 hours ago, LAwLz said:

The Indian government seems to have taken a look at China and went "oh wow, they have so much control over social media. We want that too". Then they say they need all these new laws and rules in order to help their people. Yeah right..

This shitty government is just trying to become China but without their economy + they are still waging a cultural war with china via spreading hate speech and rumors like COVID was made by chinese

18 hours ago, LAwLz said:

This happened because Twitter refused to comply with the Indian governments' demands to remove some tweets about the farmer's protests in India.

Not exaclty, it is because Twitter has now begun taking a stance against the present Indian government, because they have begun tagging tweets from the ruling party's politicians which contain fake news as manipulated media which is the right thing to do. But this harms the propaganda of the government (ruling party) so they want to ban Twitter. For Muricans out there this is like, when ya know Twitter tagged a video claiming trump won in 2021 as fake news (manipulated media), this is like that but imagine if the US government threatened to ban twitter more exactly like that because government wanted to save Trump's 4$$.

2 hours ago, Justaphysicsnerd said:

And whatsapp is SUPER popular in India so say someone sends you a message making fun of BJP/RSS/Modi, then they can just use the new IT laws to trace its origin to you and then charge you with sedition and other charges falsely since they pretty influence the judiciary a lot rn.

Well I run a memepage on Instagram and some of my memes parody Modi and Ami Shah

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNj6JnhFGvv/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNpTtXNFBJD/?utm_medium=copy_link

So am I in trouble as well?

2 hours ago, Justaphysicsnerd said:

Not exaclty, it is because Twitter has now begun taking a stance against the present Indian government, because they have begun tagging tweets from the ruling party's politicians which contain fake news as manipulated media which is the right thing to do. But this harms the propaganda of the government (ruling party) so they want to ban Twitter. For Muricans out there this is like, when ya know Twitter tagged a video claiming trump won in 2021 as fake news (manipulated media), this is like that but imagine if the US government threatened to ban twitter more exactly like that because government wanted to save Trump's 4$$.

so it's not like banning a publication (NY post) for doing journalism? Twitter has a rather poor record at establishing was is fake... but if they do they should be liable for their claims.

5 hours ago, gabrielcarvfer said:

It's funny how these companies disregard local laws and authorities, except for the Chinese ones... Maybe banning them isn't that bad.

Ehm... Where did you get that idea from?

A lot of the companies that are refusing to comply with these Indian laws are blocked in China. WhatsApp for example is blocked. Facebook is blocked too. So is Twitter.

This idea that companies bend over backwards for China needs to die. There is a reason why the Great Firewall of China exists. It's because companies don't follow Chinese laws.

5 hours ago, SeAsOn3 said:

Well I run a memepage on Instagram and some of my memes parody Modi and Ami Shah

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNj6JnhFGvv/?utm_medium=copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNpTtXNFBJD/?utm_medium=copy_link

So am I in trouble as well?

IDK maybe, the whole sub reddit of r/india is filled with people criticizing that Asshole modi and it is rightfully so he has fucked up our country real hard in these 7 years. If your page gets enough attention, like it gets reported by several news channels then maybe they might use their new laws to remove the page. I don't think they are gonna go any further like court proceedings.

5 hours ago, Tomy Hoopa said:

so it's not like banning a publication (NY post) for doing journalism? Twitter has a rather poor record at establishing was is fake... but if they do they should be liable for their claims.

Well they didn't ban any specific news publication (although the Ruling party, BJP does spread its misinformation and rumors like cow dung curing covid and all sorts of weird stuff through some news channels) and what they tagged as fake news was correct, BJP had forged some documents to blame one of the opposition parties for defaming modi (Modi is loosing his fame because slowly and steadily more and more people are realizing his true evil)

41 minutes ago, Justaphysicsnerd said:

so he has fucked up our country real hard in these 7 years.

Don't want to get political here, but he didn't fuck the country, he pimped it to Ambani (there are government properties like railway stations and government offices, which have been sold to Reliance), + we didn't have any other option as Rahul Gandhi's could've been even more fucked

oh no Xaiver is at risk

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help