At my wits end, Avermedia GL310 ignores Ryzen 3 2200g

BAWSAQ123
Go to solution Solved by BAWSAQ123,

Oh my freaking god, i am an idiot.

HDCP support was still enabled on both HDMI ports in the AMD Control Centre.    Everything is working now,  thanks everyone for the help!

To preface this, i'm a console gamer with limited access to my own decent computing power.

My Avermedia LGP Lite GL310 refuses to display the output from the HDMI signal of my PC running Ryzen 3 2200G on a Gigabyte Aorus B450 I Wifi (both ports)

Capture card has no issue obtaining the output from several intel based PC's, my switch & PS1 - PS5  consoles. When connected to that particular PC, it for some reason freezes the capture on the first frame in OBS and refuses to process further (or just leaves a blank screen)

Troubleshooting Steps taken:

- Updated AMD Drivers

- Enabled Privacy Settings in Win10

- Updated MOBO bios from F4 all the way to F61

- Opened and blew out any dust from all ports and re-seated anything that had a slot

- Pleading for it to work

PC Specs:

Board: Gigabyte Aorus B450 I wifi (bios F61a)

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200g  with Radeon Vega 8 Graphics

RAM:  2x  G.Skill Value 8GB DDR4 2666MHz

Storage: WD Blue NAND SATA M.2 SSD

Build attached for those curious (it's a SNES casemod)

20210524_003446.jpg

20210523_114328.jpg

Something is telling me it's getting real hot in that thing.

You can't update BIOS from F4 to F61a at once. Read the discription that's written on each BIOS version on the support page.

18 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

You can't update BIOS from F4 to F61a at once. Read the discription that's written on each BIOS version on the support page.

I don't think the BIOS update is the problem, because OP said it's just the GL310 that's having problems.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

7 hours ago, --SID-- said:

Something is telling me it's getting real hot in that thing.

Should have clarified,  I went  F4>F32>F40>F61  with respect to the bios.    As for heating,  suprisingly no issues,  the "cartridge" is hollowed at the back to act as an exhaust and the bottom of the unit is perforated.

My thoughts are that there is some incompatability with the Avermedia GL310 and some of the AMD APU's by process of elimination.  First i've seen of it if that's the case since the source is running from HDMI 😕

I can't help you, but i just wanted to say that that is an awesome case for a small computer. Great work! Now if only the capture card worked,..

Oh my freaking god, i am an idiot.

HDCP support was still enabled on both HDMI ports in the AMD Control Centre.    Everything is working now,  thanks everyone for the help!