Please help with this Networking conundrum.

Ok so I just bought a Belkin N300 Modem Router to replace my old and dead D-Link Modem and my old D-Link Router.

I have run in to an issue though, in that routers can supposedly only support 16 devices wirelessly at any one time. And I have more than 16 wireless devices trying to access the network wirelessly from throughout the house.
I have an old TP-Link N300 router handy and was wondering if I could set it up as a second access point, or something similar. the main use being that it can expand the capacity by an aditional 16 devices. Is this possible? or will my netowrk still be limited to 16 devices?

Belkin Modem Router - http://www.belkin.com/in/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=590457
TP-Link Router - http://www.tp-link.com/lk/products/details/?model=TL-WR941ND

I've read it's possible to connect the two together via ethernet and have the second one broadcasting a separate SSID, but im not 100% on if it actually expands the amount of devices.

Im pretty sure that will work but don't quote me on it.

I can't see a router limited to just 16 wireless devices. Where are you reading that? If you connect the second router as an access point through ethernet, the first router would ideally still hand out IP addresses. If it is limited, it's probably just a limitation on the access point rather than the actual number of IP's it can hand out, so it should work.

Spoiler

Gaming PC

• SSUPD Meshlicious White Full Mesh
  • Corsair SF650 Platinum
  • ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax (Won a giveaway from OptimumTech)
  • Ryzen 5 5600X w/ Scythe Big Shuriken 3
  • 2x8gb G.Skill Flare X @3200 CL14
  • PowerColor Gigabyte RX 6750 XT
  • Storage:
    • Samsung 970 Evo NVME
    • Samsung 860 Evo 2.5"
    • MyDigitalSSD BP4 250gb (mSATA inside 2.5" enclosure)
  • W11Pro
  • AOC C24G1 + Dell S2415H
  • Cheap CyerPower keyboard (Wooting 60HE coming later this year)
  • Glorious Model O Matte White
  • LTT Northern Lights DeskPad 1000mm x 500mm
  • FX Audio Dac-X6 + Monoprice Modern Retro + Fifine Studio Condenser Mic

Media Server

• Rosewill RSV-L4412U 12-bay hotswap
  • Unraid 6.9.2
  • Asrock B450 Steel Legend
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • 2x8gb DDR4
  • LSI 9207-8I
  • 9x 2tb IronWolf • 2x 2tb WD Red • 1x 14tb WD Shucked White Label
  • MSI GTX 1050 Ti

It wouldn't be a limit on IPs it could be as said a limit of the AP?

I'd go Belkin(DHCP/NAT) -> ETHERNET -> TP-Link(No DHCP/No NAT/Run in AP mode)

Set same SSID/Security etc on them but complementary Channels, not the same channel, if they have a good 'Auto' implementation then you don't need to worry but sometimes it's better to set them manually.

The only issue with this is if all your devices are getting a stronger signal from one AP, they'll all want to stay connected to that one which could push you over the 16 device limit, if it actually works like that?

Failing that you could run 2 SSIDs, complimentary channels, keep the second AP in AP mode with no DHCP/NAT and then just pair half your devices with each SSID and hope for the best with regards to signal strength around the house :P