HyperV remote management, winrm public network error

Dujith

Tinkering around to setup a old NUC as HyperV server and after getting the network drivers to work its operational.

Now i wanted to add the server to my HyperV management on my windows 10 machine (which is also running a VM)

Went through all the steps but cannot do winrm quickconfig as it is throwing up an arror regarding a public network.

Thing is that its set to Private

Name             : Netwerk
InterfaceAlias   : vEthernet (HyperV Switch Extern)
InterfaceIndex   : 10
NetworkCategory  : Private
IPv4Connectivity : Internet
IPv6Connectivity : NoTraffic

Now i'm guessing the problem is the virtual interface, but searches about this have come up with 0 results.

Anyone has this setup? or do i just need to ditch the hyperv service on my computer and just install the management part?

24 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What os is the server running?

Are the systems on the same domain?

What are the firewall settings set to?

HyperV 2019 core

Same Workgroup

And firewall settings have been setup according to the guides. 

But its the vSwitch thats causing the issue. I removed the HyperV host from my Windows 10 machine and caused my network to act normal again. 

After that i could just add the HyperV server to the HyperV management tool and works like a charm.

For some reason whenever i enable the HyperV host on this computer it creates a public network somewhere and winrm is having a hissy fit about it 😂

Works now and i dont need to run VM's on the computer itself (thats why i setup the NUC). Still curious why tho.