Aorus z390 Pro no sound at all?

Hi guys, so a weird thing has happen to me. I've gathered some parts and have put together a build for someone spec's are:

Aorus z390 Pro mobo

Sapphire rx 580

i5 8600k

32gb corsair vengeance ram

650w psu 80+ rated psu

And a corsair h100i cooler

When on first boot everything was and is normal, got into bios, checked if everything is detected, all is fine, windows booted, etc. Then when I tried to play audio nothing was coming out from the rear ports. I've done some research and from others experiences I thought it was a driver issues which are common with this board so as I cannot return it, I bought a sound card, Asus xonar essence STX. Connected it, everything as it should but still no audio coming out of it? I've downloaded the latest drivers for the sound card but that still did no good. I've checked if it's being detected in device manager and it does, everything seems to work fine but there's just no sound coming out of it at all. I've made sure the speakers work by testing them on a different device and they do indeed work. Front HD audio doesn't work either when headphones are plugged into it either. I just don't know what to do and would like some advice from anyone who has encountered this type of problem or knows any sort of solution to it!

This is going to sound basic, and I apologize for that, but I've made this mistake and that's why I'm mentioning it.

Make sure you have the audio plug pushed all the way in. I've come across a few ports before that are a really tight fit.

If that's not the problem, do a search for 'troubleshoot' and then select 'additional troubleshooters'. Select audio and run the troubleshooter to see if any problems are found.

PSU Tier List   AMD Motherboard Tier List   SSD Tier List

If your issue is resolved, please share the fix with the community.