RAM upgrade

Go to solution Solved by Shadoughie,

This is a little unique.

I am attempting to upgrade my old laptop to make it faster. I want to know will upgrading RAM speed improve my laptop performance?

NOTE: It has an Intel i7-8550U (4 core), 16GB RAM (one stick, one unoccupied) @ 2400 MHz.

BTW: I use this PC with a monitor and I multitask. I will have a lot of programs and tabs open at once.

This is a little unique.

I am attempting to upgrade my old laptop to make it faster. I want to know will upgrading RAM speed improve my laptop performance?

NOTE: It has an Intel i7-8550U (4 core), 16GB RAM (one stick, one unoccupied) @ 2400 MHz.

BTW: I use this PC with a monitor and I multitask. I will have a lot of programs and tabs open at once.

4 minutes ago, Shadoughie said:

This is a little unique.

Yeah It will. Do you have a ssd?

Check taskmanager to see if your RAM usage is high. If it is, then it would help, otherwise it won't. A good SSD would also help, but since you have an 8th gen CPU you probably already have one.