Unknown issue with RX570, please watch video

Mattieboi1

Hey guys,

I've built my gaming PC last year and just needed a cheap card until the RTX3000 series launched, unfortunately I have not been able to get my hands on one so I got a second hand RX570 in the meantime to just get by until then. 

However, some games work perfectly fine (Outer Worlds, WoW, MotoGP, Sims 4, Killing floor 2, Bioshock Infinite, Apex Legends) , some crash instantly (BF5), some load and crash a few mins later (Witcher 3) and some do this odd screen effect (Shadow of War, Anno 1800)

Can anyone tell me what is going on with this card?

I've recorded a clip of Shadow of War so you can see what is happening.

I am not sure if it's software or hardware. 

https://youtu.be/QhvkmOM4_PA

Please if you have any info let me know.

The rest of the PC is new and high end, if you would like other specs let me know. 

Just now, wat3rmelon_man2 said:

Which card is it? 4gb/8gb? Which brand? OC'd?

It's the Asus ROG 4GB.

It is stock, no OC, I've got experience with overclocking and through MSI afterburner as well as AMD Radeon Software it is set to stock. 

This was an ex mining card I assume

1 minute ago, Mattieboi1 said:

This was an ex mining card I assume

Ah yes. Is it dual BIOS? If so, make sure the switch is off mining bios and on gaming bios. If it's on mining bios that's your problem. You may have to look up which switch position is gaming/mining. Turn off your computer and switch it to the correct position.

1 minute ago, wat3rmelon_man2 said:

Ah yes. Is it dual BIOS? If so, make sure the switch is off mining bios and on gaming bios. If it's on mining bios that's your problem. You may have to look up which switch position is gaming/mining. Turn off your computer and switch it to the correct position.

Didn't notice it had Dual Bios, I'll double check right now.

Honestly its a POS, literally got it just cause I needed a video out for my AMD CPU, but with graphics card prices the way they are I'm gonna stick with it for a bit

Just now, Mattieboi1 said:

Didn't notice it had Dual Bios, I'll double check right now.

Honestly its a POS, literally got it just cause I needed a video out for my AMD CPU, but with graphics card prices the way they are I'm gonna stick with it for a bit

I use an r5 240 since some idiot miner bought my RX 570 8gb for $420... The r5 240 is worse, trust me.

17 minutes ago, Mattieboi1 said:

Pulled the card out, no dual bios. 

https://rog.asus.com/graphics-cards/graphics-cards/rog-strix/rog-strix-rx570-o4g-gaming-model/

Unfortunately not sure what to do.

Well... DDU your drivers. Make sure you only have AMD drivers installed not any Nvidia drivers.