Using AMD and Nvidia GPUs together?

I recently upgraded from my Asus GTX 1050 2gb to a Gigabyte RX 590 8gb. Seeing as I no longer needed my old card, I gave it to a close friend of mine who still runs older hardware (an i3 and 8gb DDR3 RAM if I remember correctly)

The problem is that he already has an RX 560 6gb and we want to know if it's at all possible to run them in tandem with each other. Could that work with modified drivers? Or would he be better off sticking with just one card? If that's the case, which should he go with?

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 Six-core

Mobo: Gigabyte B450M-DS3H

Ram: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8gb DDR4 3200MHz

GPU: Gigabyte RX 590 8gb

Case: Cooler Master Elite 431

Storage: 2Tb Barracuda HDD

500gb HDD

PSU: EVGA 650GT 80 Plus Gold

He can't run them together. The most he can do is to have each card connected to a different monitor. Also the 1050 isn't really much of an upgrade over his rx 560, if anything the GTX 1050 might end up struggling more in the latest titles due to it's 2gb of memory.

8 minutes ago, Purplecoughdrop said:

I recently upgraded from my Asus GTX 1050 2gb to a Gigabyte RX 590 8gb. Seeing as I no longer needed my old card, I gave it to a close friend of mine who still runs older hardware (an i3 and 8gb DDR3 RAM if I remember correctly)

The problem is that he already has an RX 560 6gb and we want to know if it's at all possible to run them in tandem with each other. Could that work with modified drivers? Or would he be better off sticking with just one card? If that's the case, which should he go with?

you can use them to run multiple monitors, but they will not combine processing power. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Running 2 cards would be unnecessary, only if you're out of monitor ports.

Out of the 2, RX560 is a tad better.

I suggest you keep it to yourself, one day you will find a use for it, like playing emulator which favors nvidia.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

he can use two gpu with linux (if he has time to learn new os as newbie) using vfio passthrough to win10 vm for 1050 and 560 for host there a guide in this forum or he can found online blog or yotube.