Monitor goes to sleep after turning on pc

masondever12507

I have recently built a custom pc, mostly with second hand parts. However when I plugged in the video output cable and turned on the pc but, it did not post and the monitor just went to sleep less than 10 seconds after turning it on. I have tried multiple solutions such as replacing the PSU, but the same thing keeps happening. If you know anything please let me know -thanks 

Hello most monitors do that even mine does there might be something in the monitors settigs about that

Just now, Quackers101 said:

its annoying, but often when finding no input it can do that.

Yes that is the problem the monitor wont detect any input even when the video cable is obviously plugged in

1 minute ago, masondever12507 said:

Yes that is the problem the monitor wont detect any input even when the video cable is obviously plugged in

if you switch port on the monitor? and you know that the mouse and keyboard works and is giving input? (PC)

1 minute ago, Quackers101 said:

if you switch port on the monitor? and you know that the mouse and keyboard works and is giving input? (PC)

Yes both the mouse and keyboard turn on but I cant be sure they are giving input 

2 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

My cpu has integrated graphics so I'm not using a gpu but should I try running the video through the gpu instead of the motherboard output 

4 minutes ago, masondever12507 said:

Yes both the mouse and keyboard turn on but I cant be sure they are giving input 

turn on the monitor, disconnect mouse and reconnect and try to move it to see if there is any response or try different ports.

Wait, have you never tested the system before? first time?

Edited by Quackers101

1 minute ago, Quackers101 said:

turn on the monitor, disconnect mouse and reconnect and try to move it to see if there is any response or try different ports.

Ok thank you !