Does this Headset Feature Set Exist?

Hi LTT,

Recently I have become less than satisfied with my Logitech G533 headset. Uncomfortable after longer sessions (even after replacing the earpads with better ones), and the lack of ANC are 2 of my biggest problems. This has me switching to my "mobile" headset half the time, but since that one is only Bluetooth, it's not the greatest for gaming on my desktop. Therefore, since the G533 is probably the weakest point in my peripheral setup, I decided to look for a no compromises replacement. However, finding what I'm looking for is a challenge, so I want to know if what I'd like to use even exists. See requirements details below:

• Connectivity: Must be wireless via 2.4 ghz or its own dongle. Bluetooth option would be nice, as would 3.5mm jack, but since the primary use case is connected to the gaming tower, this is the way.
  • Battery Life: 20 hours. I have to get at least a day and then some if I forget to charge it overnight. I don't mind turning off RGB lighting to get this. I prefer USB-C charging and don't have space for a dock, but I can suffer with micro-B
  • Microphone: has to have once, has to be at least decent, as I will stream voice with this headset. I prefer folding boom (the auto-mute for the Logitech G533 is really nice, but I'll take a mute button as well)
  • Sound Quality: I'm no audiophile, but I don't want this to be garbage either. This can be in the "good enough" territory
  • ANC: I need active noise cancellation. This the feature that I'm trying to find on a headset, and my G533 lets in too much outside sound.
  • Media Controls: Needs to at least have volume and a way to mute on the headset itself. I would very much like play/pause and skip track as well, but ultimately it wouldn't be a deal breaker if they weren't there. 
  • Build: Obviously these need to be over-ear, decently well built, and comfortable. I don't plan on throwing them during an RQ or traveling with the, but durability (and foldability) are certainly a bonus. 
  • Brand: Not really picky at this point. I've used Plantronics, Corsair, and Logitech all in the past.
  • Price: I really don't care here. This is a no-compromises, daily-driver, not-buy-another-headset-for-at-least-5-years type of decision. If it has this feature set and costs +$500, I'll save for it.

Thank you in advance! Let me know if you all have questions or if I missed something. Looking forward to your recommendations. 

Options looked at so far:

• Logitech's Pro X is close, but is missing the ANC. Also limited on controls and connectivity options, and I'm not the biggest fan of the detachable mic (prefer folding or integrated)
  • HyperX Cloud Flight S is also close, but I'm not sure about the build quality (never used them). Again, I'm not the biggest fan of the detachable mic (prefer folding or integrated). Also out of stock RIP

Edited by kingfurykiller
Showed options I have looked at

The steelseries arctis pro wireless (new version) does all of this but the noise canceling is not that great.

I don't think anything has ANC and 2.4 GHz connectivity at all. But the Audeze Penrose does both Bluetooth and 2.4 ghz and is basically the best sounding wireless headset right now

5 minutes ago, jaslion said:

The steelseries arctis pro wireless (new version) does all of this but the noise canceling is not that great.

Oh wow that does look nice. You have to use that transmitter base station correct? If so, no worries, I think I have a spot for it. 

I couldn't quite tell what kind of buttons are on the headset; being able to mute/unmute if I step away from my desk is kind of crucial

4 minutes ago, rice guru said:

I don't think anything has ANC and 2.4 GHz connectivity at all. But the Audeze Penrose does both Bluetooth and 2.4 ghz and is basically the best sounding wireless headset right now

Yeah this seems to be my missing piece here 😞 Which is unfortunate, because it really does make a difference. I guess I could soundproof my office and basement, but that actually might cost more.

I am more looking for features than sound quality at this point. Although I'll keep this one on my list.

3 minutes ago, kingfurykiller said:

Oh wow that does look nice. You have to use that transmitter base station correct? If so, no worries, I think I have a spot for it. 

I couldn't quite tell what kind of buttons are on the headset; being able to mute/unmute if I step away from my desk is kind of crucial

The headset has volume and mute mic buttons as far as I know. You just need to hook the station up but do not need to use it as the headset can be charged by the standard steelseries headset cable.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

The headset has volume and mute mic buttons as far as I know. You just need to hook the station up but do not need to use it as the headset can be charged by the standard steelseries headset cable.

Hmm ok. For that much I would like to have at least Play/Pause and ideally skip track on the headset. Nice to know I've got a few charging options

1 minute ago, kingfurykiller said:

Hmm ok. For that much I would like to have at least Play/Pause and ideally skip track on the headset. Nice to know I've got a few charging options

Seems it does have that function as they reuse the bt button when paired to a device over bluetooth or when connected to a device with the dock. The dock is mainly used for charging a battery whilst using another too. The headset is basically for all intents and purposes their arctis 7 with a bt/2.4ghz chip and circuitry in it + battery. I mean it even still has the 3.5mm jack option to use it as if it isn't even a bt headset :p.

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Seems it does have that function as they reuse the bt button when paired to a device over bluetooth or when connected to a device with the dock. The dock is mainly used for charging a battery whilst using another too. The headset is basically for all intents and purposes their arctis 7 with a bt/2.4ghz chip and circuitry in it + battery. I mean it even still has the 3.5mm jack option to use it as if it isn't even a bt headset :p.

Yeah i noticed that battery charging option. It's cool.

I can't imagine me using BT, unless I guess if I was at my desk and got a phone call on my cell, I could take it without switching audio devices. Otherwise, if I'm out of the house, my Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2SE has my mobile headset needs covered. 

Actually, I basically just want the Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2SE, but with a 2.4ghz option since Bluetooth on windows and across multiple devices has lead to all kinds of issues for me

Just now, kingfurykiller said:

Yeah i noticed that battery charging option. It's cool.

I can't imagine me using BT, unless I guess if I was at my desk and got a phone call on my cell, I could take it without switching audio devices. Otherwise, if I'm out of the house, my Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2SE has my mobile headset needs covered. 

Actually, I basically just want the Plantronics BackBeat Pro 2SE, but with a 2.4ghz option since Bluetooth on windows and across multiple devices has lead to all kinds of issues for me

Oh yeah I meant as in the bt button becomes a pause/play button for the devices connected (unless you hold it for a long time then it will start pairing mode). Headsets are made for a different market than headphones so finding a good overlapper is always hard.

6 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Oh yeah I meant as in the bt button becomes a pause/play button for the devices connected (unless you hold it for a long time then it will start pairing mode). Headsets are made for a different market than headphones so finding a good overlapper is always hard.

True true. Well, hopefully I'll find something. Thanks for showing me the steel series!

bose does make a gaming headset version of the QC 35 that has ANC, but the microphone is attached to the cable and it does not have 2.4 ghz support. If ANC is more important than wireless I would probably go with those as they seem to be the only gaming headset with ANC.