GPU or CPU?

I'm trying to decide between getting a better GPU or CPU. I'm planning to build my first PC soon, and I can't decide between getting an RX 580 and Ryzen 5 2600, or RX 570 and Ryzen 5 3600. I can't go with RX 580 and Ryzen 5 3600 because that would go over my budget, so I'm trying to decide between which one to upgrade. In case it'll be of any help, I'll be using this for gaming, and some work.

I'd probably go with RX 570 and Ryzen 5 3600. 

RX 580 is better, but both cards are old enough now that you'll want to upgrade the video card in 1-2 years anyway.

Can you send the rest of the specs? Maybe we can save a few bucks here and there and get you both. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

6 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

Can you send the rest of the specs? Maybe we can save a few bucks here and there and get you both. 

I've tried to save a few bucks already, but I guess some more could be saved. I chose an Asus TUF B450M-PLUS, Avexir Core 2 16gb 3200mhz, Seagate Barracuda 1tb, Kingston A400 240gb, Corsair CV550, and Thermaltake Versa H18 case. Not sure if much more can be saved for me to be able to get both, but I guess it's worth a shot. I also live in the Philippines, so I'd rather not order from Western sites, so that I won't have to pay for tax and shipping, because that'll just take a bit part of the budget. The sites I used are PCX, Easypc, and Lazada.

Where are you located?  Or what online store do you plan to use, or do you have some list of prices for a local IT store you plan to use?

Asus boards are usually a bit more expensive than other brands. Gigabyte and MSI have some decent budget motherboards.

You should consider dropping the 1 TB drive, changing to a better 500-512 GB ssd ... 500 GB would be enough for a few games until you can afford to buy a bigger 3-4 TB mechanical drive. The 500+ GB SSD would be also higher performance, more endurance, better quality.

No idea about how good Avexir memory sticks are ... I'd stick to Crucial, Corsair, Kingston, Adata etc...

You could probably also do a bit better in the psu department ... CV is a "budget" series, not so good quality, you can probably get better quality for the same price or lower price on other brands. But depends on local availability or where you plan to buy from

Maybe an odd suggestion.

But since GPU market is down the drain right now, or any electronics really.

Maybe you could consider going with a iGPU, like the 4750G or 5750G?

Don't know what your intentions are with the GPU tho. This CPU is about double the price of a 3600. But all together, it will save you about 100 - 200 bucks on the seperate video card.

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

2 minutes ago, mariushm said:

Where are you located?  Or what online store do you plan to use, or do you have some list of prices for a local IT store you plan to use?

Asus boards are usually a bit more expensive than other brands. Gigabyte and MSI have some decent budget motherboards.

You should consider dropping the 1 TB drive, changing to a better 500-512 GB ssd ... 500 GB would be enough for a few games until you can afford to buy a bigger 3-4 TB mechanical drive. The 500+ GB SSD would be also higher performance, more endurance, better quality.

No idea about how good Avexir memory sticks are ... I'd stick to Crucial, Corsair, Kingston, Adata etc...

You could probably also do a bit better in the psu department ... CV is a "budget" series, not so good quality, you can probably get better quality for the same price or lower price on other brands. But depends on local availability or where you plan to buy from

I'm in the Philippines, so it's a bit hard to find those good quality PSU's for a decent price. I was able to find the CV550 for about 2600 PHP, which is about 55 USD. Right now the sites I'm using are PCX, Easypc, and Lazada.

Just now, Caennanu said:

Maybe an odd suggestion.

But since GPU market is down the drain right now, or any electronics really.

Maybe you could consider going with a iGPU, like the 4750G or 5750G?

Don't know what your intentions are with the GPU tho. This CPU is about double the price of a 3600. But all together, it will save you about 100 - 200 bucks on the seperate video card.

I was able to find the RX 580 for a reasonable price on PXC.com so I decided to go for it. They have jus ta few GPUs on their site for a reasonable price, but all are relatively budget ones, and the higher end ones are the ones with way jacked up prices.