Corsair CV550

Balazs98
7 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

So you got a bad graphics card?

Maybe I don't know 

14 minutes ago, Balazs98 said:

Maybe I don't know 

I think you got a bad graphics card.

But until we make that conclusion:  Make sure mobo BIOS is updated, reinstall Windows, make sure you're using the latest drivers.

On 5/18/2021 at 5:20 AM, jonnyGURU said:

I think you got a bad graphics card.

But until we make that conclusion:  Make sure mobo BIOS is updated, reinstall Windows, make sure you're using the latest drivers.

I solved the problem my, card temperature was too high and the old thermal paste was dry enough and install on a new, after it everything is OK 😊

8 hours ago, Balazs98 said:

I solved the problem my, card temperature was too high and the old thermal paste was dry enough and install on a new, after it everything is OK 😊

Perfect.

On 5/16/2021 at 11:35 AM, Juular said:

Also, that's ladies and gentleman, is exactly why we shouldn't trust a PSU by any brand if there are no reviews on it. If Corsair couldn't catch this issue with their relatively robust engineering team

That's implying we didn't test for it.  I just said I couldn't find the test report.  😄

I did eventually find the spec that OPP is set as high as 135%.  So 607.5W.  Aris was nowhere close to that.  But, like I said, not good that the voltage dropped that low in the process.But UVP isn't going to kick in until around 9V.   😞

On 5/16/2021 at 9:41 AM, insecure tiger said:

The 5V rail cannot deliver its nominal power since the overcurrent protection (OCP) is set at 16A, while theoretically, at least, this rail can deliver up to 20A.

Just caught this one line after revisiting this thread.  "Theoretically".  As in "on paper".  "On paper" rarely translates to real life.  The OCP was set to 16A because the parts otherwise overheat.

21 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

That's implying we didn't test for it.  I just said I couldn't find the test report.

No, i'm sure you guys tested it, i'm saying that a PSU there are no public reviews on shouldn't be trusted because shit happens even if it seems like it can be trusted because it's from reliable brand or smth.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

10 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

Just caught this one line after revisiting this thread.  "Theoretically".  As in "on paper".  "On paper" rarely translates to real life.  The OCP was set to 16A because the parts otherwise overheat.

Huh? So why does the label say max load 20A?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

10 hours ago, Spotty said:

Huh? So why does the label say max load 20A?

Ah, holy hell.  I was looking at the wrong thing again.  550W doesn't even have DC to DC.

Yeah.  Not only is it rated at 20A per rail, but I see a FL test that has +5V going all of the way up to 20A and +3.3V going all the way up to 24A.  So I don't know what Aris is doing here when he says this.

image.png.10c0fc9d6e2ac0acf87a68448dd1b805.png

image.png.1109a0fb9d5f778156742303916e3145.png