help how do i boot? i reset cmos and have a ready to boot screen (press f1 to boot). But my keyboard is not recognized. Im stuck on boot screen

debosdad

help keyboards have no effect!  i am stuck on boot screen, tried usb keyboard, no keys are effective!   how do i get my computer to boot.   The computer is a hp all in one b 2010.  i am trying to install a new ssd.  The computer said no boot disk found which i have fixed before using bios, but when i restarted i had unplugged the keyboard and mouse dondle.  now when i plug in and try to use a bluetooth keyboard ( i have also tried a usb keyboard with the wire)  nothing  i am stuck on a boot screen

If I understand correctly, you upgraded the computer's hard drive to a SSD. After upgrading, you are stuck on the POST screen, which says "Press F1 to boot", but pressing F1 on the keyboard is not doing anything?

Try this:

Turn off the computer > plug in the wired USB keyboard > turn the computer back on > do any of the lights on the keyboard light up?

Can you post a picture of the screen that you are stuck on?

Read before asking for help  |  How to respond to a no POST or no power up situation  |  Don't ask to ask, just ask  |  The XY Problem  | Don't just say "Hello" in chat  |  How do I ask a good question?

If my post helped, please give a 'reaction' using the heart 🤍 in the bottom right. 

Make sure to quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

F@H Contribution

BOINC Contribution

HeatWare

"The only difference between a problem and a solution is that people understand the solution."

"Give people permission to make mistakes and the obligation to learn from them."

“The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The willingness to learn is a choice.” - Brian Herbert

"People will never truly understand something until it happens to them."

"I usually give people more chances than they deserve but once I'm done, I'm done."

CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3700X  |  Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Gaming X  |  RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3600MHz  |  GPU ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3070 Ti Trinity OC |  Case BitFenix Ghost  |  Storage HP EX920 1TB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, WD Black 8TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB  |  PSU Seasonic Prime GX-750  |  Displays Lenovo ThinkVision P27q-20, Dell UP2716D  |  Cooling Noctua NH-D15  |  Operating System Windows 10 Home