Just started folding

Hi i just started folding and i was wondering if this is all good to go? Here is a screenshot

post-2159-0-32196100-1367745638_thumb.pn

post-2159-0-32196100-1367745638_thumb.pn

You are currently only SMP folding, if you want to GPU fold as well then you will have to change some settings. Also, how many cores do your CPU have as you are only using one. Apart from that you look good to go, your PPD will change from Unknown once you start folding a bit.

If you have a single core CPU and no GPU (or don't want to GPU fold) then you look good to go!

"An Excellent Signature"

Thank you for that confirmation, no graphics card :(

expiration of what?

"An Excellent Signature"

I think it's the deadline to finish the WU.

Welcome to the fold. :lol:

Running Ubuntu i see (12.10 or 13.04 from the looks of it). I'm running Ubuntu 13.04 (updated to each version since 10.10)

As for if everything good to go? Well, that depends on if you want to max out your system to 100% or not. :P

Currently, your running a single core WU (slider at medium so I'm guessing your running a dual core cpu) so your only using 1 core. Good if you want to use your system for other things without affecting the performance but your going to take longer to finish the WU.

To run on both cores, you need to move the slider to full. Although (most of the time) you wont see the change until you get your next WU.

As for what "time-out" and "expiration" means:

Timeout: It's when the WU your working on losses it's quick return bonus. (*Note. You have to maintain an 80% return rate to keep your bonus qualification. if you miss the time-out dead line too many times, you'll loose it and have to make a plan to earn it back.)

It also means that Stanford F@H servers have also re-issued the WU to someone else, concerned that you might not complete it in time.

Expiration: It's the final deadline to complete the WU. After this point, the client will stop working on the WU and dump it for a new one.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

So i'll get some stats when I have finished the WU?

You should start to see some stats by then, mine had started predicting some PPD before i finished my first WU. And welcome to the LTT folding team!

And then you realize your shoes are filled with peanut butter, what then?! >:L

You typically need about 24 hours before you start showing up on all the stat sites...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99