Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi there, I have this weird issue where my entire system will crash and reboot. Whenever I have Doom Eternal open and I try to screenshare on Discord, or record with OBS, my entire system will crash and reboot. Even if OBS is just open and not even recording it still crashes. My system was a prebuilt that I upgraded the GPU from an rx5600xt to a 2070. The specs are Ryzen 5 3600, ASRock b550am Gaming, 8g 2667mghz (x2), an rtx 2070, and an EVGA 650w 80plus gold PSU. I'm on the latest drivers from nvidia and my windows is up to date. Whenever the system crashes, the audio will glitch out for a second, both my monitors will go black, my gpu fan spins up (it does this when i boot it up as well). There are also 4 red lights on my motherboard that light up as it's rebooting. I attached a video showing the lights, they first light up a few seconds after the system crashes. I don't know why this is happening and I would really appreciate if someone could help.

If I'm reading this right the system still POSTs and you can do stuff in windows right? 

If so,

1.Check temperature to make sure nothing is overheating.

2.Reinstall drivers after you DDU them

3.Run a stress test on CPU, then GPU

4.Run a memtest

Also if your running any kind of overclocks on your CPU, GPU, or RAM I would turn them off to ensure they work correctly. 

32 minutes ago, RAM555789 said:

If I'm reading this right the system still POSTs and you can do stuff in windows right? 

If so,

1.Check temperature to make sure nothing is overheating.

2.Reinstall drivers after you DDU them

3.Run a stress test on CPU, then GPU

4.Run a memtest

Also if your running any kind of overclocks on your CPU, GPU, or RAM I would turn them off to ensure they work correctly. 

Yeah everything is fine after it reboots. I've DDU'd the drivers before for a previous issue, I'll do it again here soon. Temps are fine and I'm not overclocking anything. I'll run a stress test and make sure everything is fine. Thanks!

CPU test:

image.png.72c090c6e960fbb05fd3f6f76153e060.png

31 minutes ago, LocalInternetLurker said:

Yeah everything is fine after it reboots. I've DDU'd the drivers before for a previous issue, I'll do it again here soon. Temps are fine and I'm not overclocking anything. I'll run a stress test and make sure everything is fine. Thanks!

CPU test:

image.png.72c090c6e960fbb05fd3f6f76153e060.png

So you can game okay and it is only with capture you have issues? 

Have you tried reinstalling discord? 

Might be something weird with the way nvenc is being used. 

6 minutes ago, m9x3mos said:

So you can game okay and it is only with capture you have issues? 

Have you tried reinstalling discord? 

Might be something weird with the way nvenc is being used. 

Yeah I can game fine, it's just with capturing stuff. I'll reinstall Discord and see if it still crashes it, although I doubt it'll work as OBS crashes it as well

edit: yeah it still crashes it after a reinstall

7 minutes ago, LocalInternetLurker said:

Yeah I can game fine, it's just with capturing stuff. I'll reinstall Discord and see if it still crashes it, although I doubt it'll work as OBS crashes it as well

edit: yeah it still crashes it after a reinstall

Darn. Yeah sounds like something is causing a conflict somewhere. Do you see anything in the event viewer?

The other thing I can suggest is maybe a clean install of windows on another drive (maybe windows 2 go on a large usb drive if you have) and see if it happens there too.

3 minutes ago, m9x3mos said:

Darn. Yeah sounds like something is causing a conflict somewhere. Do you see anything in the event viewer?

The other thing I can suggest is maybe a clean install of windows on another drive (maybe windows 2 go on a large usb drive if you have) and see if it happens there too.

I'm not very good with stuff like this so I can't figure out what's a normal Windows error and what's important

37 minutes ago, LocalInternetLurker said:

I'm not very good with stuff like this so I can't figure out what's a normal Windows error and what's important

I would really only look at errors on 5 minutes of either side when it happens and Google it and see if anything makes sense. 

Installing windows on another drive and testing with that might be easier but time consuming just the same. 

Some suggestions I've seen as well with OBS are to make sure its running with Windows 10 compatibility, guess for some people it was turned off, reinstall OBS, and disable windows 10 game mode.