How to get rid of these tracking cookies ????

Hello, 

Once I login to the system, my web browser automatically opens up with some random website, I scanned the system using k7 and I found the tracking cookies (I have attached the picture of it), I delete it and again if I scan I get the same tracking cookies. I have tried to clear all the cookies from the browser, I even uninstalled the brave browser and reinstalled and I still find this issue. Can anybody help me resolve this?
Thank you.

Screenshot (112).png

I've never heard of K7UltimateSecurityScan but in any case cookies are set by the website and won't be deleted unless you manually clear them in the browser (or have set it to automatically do so).

Sounds like you have installed some malware of some kind which is forcing the browser to open on startup to some site which is setting the cookies. Have you downloaded anything 'dodgy' recently, and have you done a malware scan using something like MalwareBytes?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

• 1 month later...
On 5/15/2021 at 11:53 AM, pythonmegapixel said:

I've never heard of K7UltimateSecurityScan but in any case cookies are set by the website and won't be deleted unless you manually clear them in the browser (or have set it to automatically do so).

Sounds like you have installed some malware of some kind which is forcing the browser to open on startup to some site which is setting the cookies. Have you downloaded anything 'dodgy' recently, and have you done a malware scan using something like MalwareBytes?

I am so sorry for the late reply but I am very thankful for your suggestion. I installed malwarebytes and did the scan, it found quite a few threats and after the restart I don't see browser opening some random websites on startup.
But when I give complete scan using my k7 antivirus, I still see them as I have updated the pic in the above, I don't understand why though..