jpasser

Ok, start w/ specs on my homebuild:
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII w/ WIFI - just updated BIOS today

Windows 10 64bit

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900k

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Gaming Memory - 2x 16G - XMP enabled

GPU: Gainward Phantom RTX 3090

Problem:

PC boots fine and fast.  I can open programs with no issues, for about 45 seconds, maybe slightly longer.  After that when I try to open a program that isn't already running the system takes WAY too long.  Example is click on Firefox and opens window but remains at white background without opening tabs for over 1 minute.  Click on Chrome, nothing happens for 1-2 minutes then opens browser.  I can see the process started in Task Manager but nothing pops up forever.  Once the program is open it works fine and fast.

Worst thing is I can restart multiple times and it does this same problem, then restart again and it'll work perfectly.  Open, close, run, everything wonderfully.  Then if it gets restarted I get the same issues until it magically catches on one of the restarts.  I've turned off, left it for a while, restarted, nothing.  I've updated every driver and system I can think of and keeps doing this.  Ran antivirus (Bitdefender) and nothing.  Uninstalled antivirus, no change. I've messed with BIOS settings as much as I am comfortable with, which admittedly isn't too much.  Turn on/off XMP (1 and 2), turn on/off ASUS AI overclock, that kind of thing.

Anyone have any clue?  Are some of my parts not talking correctly? Thanks for any help or ideas.

On what kind of Drive ?

First idea : reinstall W10. Any problem ? no, install apps, problem, no, continue installing apps...

I'm willing to swim against the current.