2 Weeks to order parts for a new pc URGET

Budget (including currency): 800-1000 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Rust, Rainbow 6, Adobe Suite

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Laptop HDD and 16 GBs of Viper Elite RAM is currently available from my PC which i can spare.

Hey guys,

Not to long ago i was planning on saving up money and building a PC with a budget for 5k dollars for my Gf and I, buttttttt her laptop is dying and we kinda cant wait to get the money so we have 2 weeks to build a PC since my sister is coming from Canada to Lebanon. Im trying several parts + builds but nothinsg really trikes me as good enough or better than her laptops specs. 
Her old laptop specs were i7-7700HQ and GPU 1060 3 GBs (this is what im comapring the parts to since they are the most pricey atm).
Im having difficulty with the Mobo and not suprisingly the GPU, i was planning on a 1650 or 1660 but im honestly not sure, I think a i5-10400 cpu is good enough atm with our current budget. I have 2 spare ram sticks im not using since my mobo is kinda fucky and cant be asked to trouble shoot. HDD will be her laptops, maybe i can use the M.2 ssd to but id rather keep in for the laptop (you never know). Im not looking for a case since itll be hella pricy to bring from Canada to Lebanon.

Any help and advice would be amazing especially if you know any good retailers in the Quebec province (im guessing i dont know im not in Canada to know) and i have a tight time frame to order the parts since my sister is coming in 2 weeks.

Thank you guys for the help <3,

Cloud

5 minutes ago, Cloud1337 said:

At market condition right now basically just get a prebuilt if you want a GPU.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

2 minutes ago, Cloud1337 said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Rust, Rainbow 6, Adobe Suite

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Laptop HDD and 16 GBs of Viper Elite RAM is currently available from my PC which i can spare.

Hey guys,

Not to long ago i was planning on saving up money and building a PC with a budget for 5k dollars for my Gf and I, buttttttt her laptop is dying and we kinda cant wait to get the money so we have 2 weeks to build a PC since my sister is coming from Canada to Lebanon. Im trying several parts + builds but nothinsg really trikes me as good enough or better than her laptops specs. 
Her old laptop specs were i7-7700HQ and GPU 1060 3 GBs (this is what im comapring the parts to since they are the most pricey atm).
Im having difficulty with the Mobo and not suprisingly the GPU, i was planning on a 1650 or 1660 but im honestly not sure, I think a i5-10400 cpu is good enough atm with our current budget. I have 2 spare ram sticks im not using since my mobo is kinda fucky and cant be asked to trouble shoot. HDD will be her laptops, maybe i can use the M.2 ssd to but id rather keep in for the laptop (you never know). Im not looking for a case since itll be hella pricy to bring from Canada to Lebanon.

Any help and advice would be amazing especially if you know any good retailers in the Quebec province (im guessing i dont know im not in Canada to know) and i have a tight time frame to order the parts since my sister is coming in 2 weeks.

Thank you guys for the help <3,

Cloud

Okay, the 16GB of memory should be fine as long as it's desktop DDR4 memory (if it's from the laptop then it's a soDIMM and won't work unless you get an ITX board that takes laptop memory which would likely require an older board as well like this which is expensive or you can use an adapter which I wouldn't recommend!), the HDD would work for the storage drive depending on the size as laptop HDD's aren't that much slower than a desktop HDD. Here's what I have:

PCP Link (As Close as I could Get): https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KqTYGq

Motherboard: ASRock B560M-HDV - $80

CPU: Intel Core i5-11400 - Comes With Cooler and iGPU in Case You Can't Find a GPU Right Away - $190

Memory (If Needed): Team Group 3200 C16 Memory Verified from the Very Short QVL lol - $83

Storage: (RECOMMENDED! A Small NVMe SSD for boot drive and maybe a game or 2) HP EX900 - $40

GPU: Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti - $400 - Micro Center Frequently Has These if You Know Anyone Near One in the States...

Case: Zalman R2 or S2 - Cheap, Highly Rated, Seems Okay - $50 (Free Prime Shipping)

Power Supply: AresGame 650W Bronze - Cheap, Enough Power to Expand Up to 3070/11700k'ish Levels and Semi-Modular to Save Space - $39

Monitor (If Needed): MSI Optix MAG273R 27" 1080p 1080p 144Hz - $200

Cost Without Memory, Monitor, or SSD: $759

Cost Without Memory or SSD: $959

Cost With Memory, Monitor, and SSD Added: $1,082

I think I did the math right there...this seems like a decent system for gaming and such. Anyone else with thoughts?

PCPartPicker URL: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8GYLQD

System Specifications:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify
RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB PC4000 16-16-16-36
GPU: eVGA RTX 3090 K|ngp|n Hybrid W/ 120mm Noctua iPPC 2000 RPM Industrial Fans  (Undervolted, No OC Yet)
Case: Corsair 4000D W/ a 120mm Noctua iPPC 2000 RPM Industrial Fan in the Only Spot Without a Radiator
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 2TB (Boot) + Samsung 970 Evo 1TB x 2 (RAID-0) + 8TB RAID-1 NAS Drive x 2 (RAID-1) + PERC H730 W/ Toshiba PX04SMB160 1.6TB Enterprise SSD x 2 (RAID-0)
PSU: EVGA - 1000 T2 Modular PSU
Display(s): Acer - Predator Z1 31.5" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor +TCL 55S405 55" 4K HDR Display (Gaming Mode) + Samsung 27" Display (1080p60 Trash lol)
Cooling: Liquid Freezer II 280mm W/ 140mm Noctua iPPC 3000 RPM PWM Industrial Fans
Keyboard: Corsair K68 RGB (Cherry MX Red)
Mouse: Cooler Master MM720
Sound: Logitech G Series G935

1 hour ago, SorryClaire said:

At market condition right now basically just get a prebuilt if you want a GPU.

Probably true unless you can find one in your local country or at an in-person retailer...you can also use my list and get everything but the GPU for now (since it has an iGPU) and keep looking for one...in my area you can get 9XX-10XX Nvidia cards used very cheap and a 1070 or 980 will hold you over just fine and shouldn't have too bad of a resale value in a few months. Alternately you can just use the iGPU until you find a current gen GPU depending on your luck (but don't expect to game on the Intel GPU unless you're playing CS:GO or Gwent or something lol)...I went with the eVGA queue and managed to get a 3080 so the queues do work.

PCPartPicker URL: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8GYLQD

System Specifications:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify
RAM: 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB PC4000 16-16-16-36
GPU: eVGA RTX 3090 K|ngp|n Hybrid W/ 120mm Noctua iPPC 2000 RPM Industrial Fans  (Undervolted, No OC Yet)
Case: Corsair 4000D W/ a 120mm Noctua iPPC 2000 RPM Industrial Fan in the Only Spot Without a Radiator
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 2TB (Boot) + Samsung 970 Evo 1TB x 2 (RAID-0) + 8TB RAID-1 NAS Drive x 2 (RAID-1) + PERC H730 W/ Toshiba PX04SMB160 1.6TB Enterprise SSD x 2 (RAID-0)
PSU: EVGA - 1000 T2 Modular PSU
Display(s): Acer - Predator Z1 31.5" 2560x1440 165 Hz Monitor +TCL 55S405 55" 4K HDR Display (Gaming Mode) + Samsung 27" Display (1080p60 Trash lol)
Cooling: Liquid Freezer II 280mm W/ 140mm Noctua iPPC 3000 RPM PWM Industrial Fans
Keyboard: Corsair K68 RGB (Cherry MX Red)
Mouse: Cooler Master MM720
Sound: Logitech G Series G935