AORUS FI27Q screen flickering issue

Pawzzer

Hello!

I have an AORUS FI27Q which I tested with GTX1070, RTX2060, RX560.

The problem is as follows: if you power off the monitor or go into sleep mode while the PC is running and turn it back on, you'll get the screen brightness flickering in games, or HW accelerated apps (Photoshop, Premier, etc.) It only occurs with G-SYNC/FREE-SYNC enabled. According to the GIGABYTE USA forum and comments under the video I did, the issue is more or less widespread. The problem temporary goes away if you change the resolution or refresh ratio back and forth until the next power off/sleep mode.

Here's an example of how it looks before the power off and after. Most noticeable is the bright light area at the top of the screen.

The odd thing is that GIGABYTE had a firmware update (F05) that was available on the support page until recently. This update broke RGB lighting on mine, and it was fixed by the monitor's main board replacement and firmware downgrade after I RMAed it for the third time. The screen flickering issue remains, though.

GIGABYTE's support doesn't help to resolve or acknowledge the issue. They just tell you to go straight to the vendor, which RMA it to the service centre, where they can't reproduce the issue (cause it's not that plain and simple). So there's nothing much I can do here, except for try and sue the vendor, but without any strong evidence/confirmation, it might be not easy =(

The main question is whether this sort of an issue is an actual problem or something ordinary that happens with other monitors as well? And what else can I/we try to do in this case?

Greatly appreciate any help.

• 1 year later...

*bump* Same here with my FI27Q and 1070, any solution?