Coolermaster ARGB Fan Not Lighting Up with AORUS MB

System Config:

• Gigabyte B550 DS3H (new)
  • Cooler Master Hyper Evo Black Edition with RGB fan (new)
    • Fan Cable Plugged into CPU_FAN header; fan spins
    • RGB 4 pin tried on both LED_CPU and LED_C2, lights don't work
  • Other items less relevant, but the case is a Be Quiet Pure Base with RGB strips, and these are working without issue (plugged in to MB via LED_C1, controllable via AORUS software)

Troubleshooting Attempted:

• Tried the CM ARGB fan from the Hyper 212 into multiple headers, no change. I did check to make sure the arrow lined up with the right pin, but I may have gotten it wrong initially
  • I do have the controller, but I wasn't able ot get it working. May have not given it the proper power; there were a lot of weird molex adapters and I'm not very experienced with RGB gear. During initial setup of the build, the fan did light up red once with the controller plugged in, but after pressing the buttons, it won't light back up, so I have removed the controller from the setup.
  • As previously stated, AROUS can see and control the Be Quiet's Case RGB without any issue.
  • I also installed the CoolerMaster software, but it says "no Cooler Master device detected"
  • Googling either showed me things I had already tried, or weren't relevant to my setup

Questions:

• What else can I try?
  • Did I potentially fry the ARGB with the wrong voltage at one point?

This is for the wife's build, and she really wanted the RGB fan (i just went all red LEDs in mine with no RGB). Thank you in advance!

Edited by kingfurykiller
Finished Post