Boot Cycle / PC resets during POST

YPOC

Hello, 

I've upgraded the RAM of my old PC, which went well. When trying to increase the DRAM speed over base clock via XMP the speed just stuck at the base clock. Even when entering values manually nothing changed. I then proceeded to clear the CMOS by removing the battery.

Now the PC wouldn't boot up anymore. When turning it on first the CPU LED flashes, then the DRAM LED and finally the VGA LED. It seems that during that third flash the PC resets and tries to boot up again. This cycle repeats indefinitely. I have since tried removing everything except CPU and one stick of RAM, but this produces the same result. If I leave out the RAM I get the expected POST failure.

I also tried reflashing the BIOS, but with only my phone I'm very limited in that regard. Can somebody please confirm that I just place the Z87-PLUS-ASUS-2103.CAP file in the Root of a USB drive? It does not need to be renamed? 

When pressing the FLBK Button the LED lights up indicating the board is searching for the file, but then it stays lit, indicating the file was not found. 

What else can I do? Before the PC worked for years without any problems, even with the new RAM it was fine.

Specs:

Asus Z87-Plus

Intel i5-4690

2x4GB G.Skill Ares F3-2400C11D (old) 

2x4GB Crucial Ballistix FH115BD (to be replaced) 

2x8GB Kingston HyperX HX324C11T3K2 (New) 

MSI GTX 1070 armor

BeQuiet Straight Power 10