Thermaltake TR2 700w for 760 sli with 4670k?

Deflexure

Is this 700w tr2 enough to power an OC 4670k and 2 760s? I need something really cheap, but not doomed. And this thing is $39.99 after MIR which is too good to not ask about. 

Any better suggestions if this isn't enough? (760 sli is because I don't have the money to buy a 780 or something at once, the 2 760s will be like a month or two apart, and I already have one.)

Just wait for the 780. It'll be way more worth it, and it will consume less power.

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

Just wait for the 780. It'll be way more worth it, and it will consume less power.

No. I'm not asking about the damned gpu. 

No. I'm not asking about the damned gpu. 

Alrighty then. You'll be more than fine.

Ryzen 1600@3.8ghz / 16gb 2400mhzASRock B350 ITX / Gigabyte RX 470 4gb / 256gb M.2 / SG13B-Q / Corsair 450w

I think it will.

That's one odd power supply.Not even 80%+ certificated.xD

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

You're fine to sli.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

That seems like a reliable PSU. Although, Newegg lists efficiency as 75%+ while Hardware Secrets lists the unit as Bronze (and it passes as Bronze in their tests too). TT's website also lists the efficiency as 75%+ with no mention of 80Plus. Is it possible I'm confusing different units? Pretty sure I'm not..

That seems like a reliable PSU. Although, Newegg lists efficiency as 75%+ while Hardware Secrets lists the unit as Bronze (and it passes as Bronze in their tests too). TT's website also lists the efficiency as 75%+ with no mention of 80Plus. Is it possible I'm confusing different units? Pretty sure I'm not..

I'm having a similar situation. Either way, there are people who have sli'ed 760's on that psu as shown in the newegg reviews so the OP should be fine.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Thermaltake has a rather confusing line up, where they tend to mixed various of OEMs within a particular series especially on their TR2 lineup. If you look at the images of the PSU through the honeycomb vent, you would noticed that the layout is different from the one shown on HWS. But it is similar to this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153129

The lower wattage TR2 units from CWT were build on some outdated designs, but I'm not sure whether the 700w would yield the same design. TBH, I would pass a pass on that unit.

I believe I read in a thread on the JonnyGuru forums that the TR2 430W was junk, and it was odd that TT added this 700W to the same lineup, opening the gates for potential confusion.

One of the issues is that 80+ certification costs money. Quite a bit if I remember correctly. To avoid this cost, some manufacturers will skip this process even if the PSU is up to spec. The PSU is likely 80% efficient, Thermaltake just didn't certify it.

As others have said, 700W should definitely be enough for the 760s. Just can't get too crazy with OC that could increase power draw.

If you want to check these things out yourself, try a PSU wattage calculator! These aren't super accurate, but give you a ballpark.

Newegg: http://images10.newegg.com/BizIntell/tool/psucalc/index.html?name=Power-Supply-Wattage-Calculator

Easier and simple, though probably a less accurate wattage estimate.

Outer Vision: http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

More detailed and granular. Takes a while to fill out but you can get way more specific with this than the Newegg calculator.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790S 3.2/4.0 GHz  GPU: HIS AMD Radeon R9 285 2GB GDDR5  Motherboard: ASUS Pro Gamer H97  RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz  

PSU: NZXT HALE82 700W  Cooler: ZALMAN CNPS5X Performa  Case: NZXT H230