GigaByte X570 AORUS Elite s-AM4 X570 Smart Fan control question

Kuarinofu
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

The fan speed is only read from the first fan header on the fan hub. Make sure your fan is plugged in there. 

The Auto setting uses pwm from the motherboard for fan control. 

I have a GigaByte X570 AORUS Elite s-AM4 X570 mobo and bequiet! Silent Base 801 case.

The case has a fan controller, the manual says that for mobo control I have to connect the PWM cable from it to the mobo.

The cable itself was too short, yet I managed to flip the controller inside the case and connected it to SYS_FAN1 on my mobo.

The issue is that in BIOS Smart Fan control gives no info on case fans at all (those connected through the fan controller by PWM cable to SYS_FAN1). It just says N/A.

Am I doing something wrong or maybe I misunderstood something? Is there a way for Smart Fan control to automatically control case fan speeds through the controller? 

The case has a speed switch, and I assume that in AUTO mode the mobo should take care of it?

The fan speed is only read from the first fan header on the fan hub. Make sure your fan is plugged in there. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

14 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Thanks, I think probably because I flipped the controller and plugged the 3 coolers from the other side it doesn't get a read. I'll try to connect in the way you suggested.

Thanks again, it worked!