Upgrading to 5600x

The ryzen 5 5600x is finally in stock at msrp so I'm probably gonna pick one up. Is there anything I should know first about compatibility and bios? I have a gigabyte b450 aorus m which is apparently compatible, but is there a specific way I have to update my bios? Cause I heard that once you update the bios it stops supporting the older processors

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

It doesn't always stop supporting older processors, I guess it just depends on your board. Update BIOS to its supporting vermeer version and then install the CPU. Should be as simple as that, don't think the Aorus M has bios flashback so use your current CPU.

2 minutes ago, TrainFan90 said:

Cause I heard that once you update the bios it stops supporting the older processors

I have a B450M S2H with an F60 BIOS and it still run my Zen 5 2600 just fine. The limitation are for Bristol Ridge APU where it becomes unsupported with F30 BIOS or newer.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.