webcam issue on w7

ChileanFox

Im trying to fix the webcam on a hp envy 15-j106la notebook running windows 7  so i googled how to fix the driver because i cant even find it listed on device manager, they say  i have to use windows update but its not working either, so i followed these instructions on how to make it work:

1. If SP1 is not installed, download it and install

2. Install the KB3020369 update. The poster has also indicated the need for the KB3138612 update.

3. Download and install the so-called convenience rollup for Windows 7 SP1, which is a misnomer for the never-arriving SP2 service-pack.

The final option would be to format the system and install Windows 10 Pro and try to make windows install the webcam driver. What would you advice?

-> Moved to Windows

Considering Win7 isn't receiving any security updates anymore, I would highly suggest you upgrade to Win10.

Thought before that, look at your laptops manual to see if there's something which might disable the device at BIOS level (key combination etc.). Look at laptops support site for drivers. Look into BIOS or support software and see if there's something about it.

If the device is disabled in BIOS level, it won't show up in Device Manager. Device manager would list those devices that don't have drivers or are otherwise unknown, but doesn't list stuff which is disabled from BIOS.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv