Choosing a Raspberry Pi starter kit (Gardening)

I am looking to make a little automated plant watering project this summer and I'll likely buy another one for my second unrelated project. For the time being I am looking to familiarize myself with them. 

Basically looking to get the ph, moisture, humidity, temperature and a light sensor, I'll get the readings and throw it on to a website to display on a graph for the first part and for the second part I will use the data to automate some relays to water it, and send me monthly trends. (This will be all indoors limited to one pot probably lol)

I noticed there are a lot of starter kits on amazon, but where do I even start? 

Edit

I am coming at it from a Computer Science world, with barely any electrical/engineering knowhow, but I know enough to figure out my way through. 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

it would probably only need ot be a pi 0w. (the w model comes with wifi) 

it doesnt hacve to be fast for this

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

50 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

it would probably only need ot be a pi 0w. (the w model comes with wifi) 

it doesnt hacve to be fast for this

Wow is that thing cheap perfect!

Where do people shop around for sensors and stuff, amazon? elsewhere? Get familiar with a kit from amazon first? 

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

1 hour ago, Sharif said:

Wow is that thing cheap perfect!

Where do people shop around for sensors and stuff, amazon? elsewhere? Get familiar with a kit from amazon first? 

om not sure. The only pi ive ever worked with was a pi4 that i use for emulation so im not much of a help.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Where do post people shop around for sensors? 

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD