Mobile 3060 + UWQHD?

stonowinnerz
Go to solution Solved by doomsriker,
11 minutes ago, stonowinnerz said:

Hello,

I'll be getting new laptop for myself with configuration of RTX 3060 + i7 10750H. I want it mostly for travelling (that's why I'm not getting desktop) , but I'll be also getting monitor to put it at my desk at home. I was thinking about Ultrawide display. Would be this card enough for UWQHD resolution (sometimes for gaming, mostly for photoshop, premiere pro, work)?

Monitor: Gigabyte G34WQC (UWQHD, 144Hz, VA panel, 1ms)

Laptop: Acer Nitro 5 Obsidian Black (NH.QB2EC.001 - i7 10750H, RTX 3060, 8GB RAM pre-installed - will be selling 8GB stick and putting 2x16 in it)

Thank you

In short, Yes. Modern laptop GPUs are virtually identical to their desktop counterparts (was not the case until recently) and the 3060 is a solid card. 

Hello,

I'll be getting new laptop for myself with configuration of RTX 3060 + i7 10750H. I want it mostly for travelling (that's why I'm not getting desktop) , but I'll be also getting monitor to put it at my desk at home. I was thinking about Ultrawide display. Would be this card enough for UWQHD resolution (sometimes for gaming, mostly for photoshop, premiere pro, work)?

Laptop: Acer Nitro 5 Obsidian Black (NH.QB2EC.001 - i7 10750H, RTX 3060, 8GB RAM pre-installed - will be selling 8GB stick and putting 2x16 in it)

Thank you

11 minutes ago, stonowinnerz said:

Hello,

Thank you

In short, Yes. Modern laptop GPUs are virtually identical to their desktop counterparts (was not the case until recently) and the 3060 is a solid card. 

30 minutes ago, doomsriker said:

So is 3060 enough for that kind of resolution and will I be able to sometimes play games smoothly? 🙂 

2 minutes ago, stonowinnerz said:

So is 3060 enough for that kind of resolution and will I be able to sometimes play games smoothly? 🙂 

You might need to dial back the settings a bit on some of the most demanding titles but I see no reason not to expect most modern games to play very well with those specs on that resolution and frame rate.