Is this an alright build mainly used for gaming and programs such as inventor, revit, blender etc. I had to go for intel since my dad hates amd.

1795712365_ScreenShot2021-05-05at8_31_59pm.thumb.png.710082909b047f2a59dd59bd39ad1e1a.pngOn pc partpicker I get this compatability issue, do i have to change the motherboard to fix it or.......

9 minutes ago, KENOBIIII said:

1795712365_ScreenShot2021-05-05at8_31_59pm.thumb.png.710082909b047f2a59dd59bd39ad1e1a.pngOn pc partpicker I get this compatability issue, do i have to change the motherboard to fix it or.......

No, unless you plan on adding multiple SATA drives and populating all of the SATA connectors on the motherboard. You can consult the motherboard manual and seeing which and how many SATA ports will be disabled when adding an M.2 drive. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

14 minutes ago, KENOBIIII said:

this is an issue with the sata and ssd drives in this motherboard when the m.2 is populated one of the sata port will be disabled it should be fine as far as you find the port that is being disabled and not use it. it should be in the manual

15 minutes ago, KENOBIIII said:

1306197960_ScreenShot2021-05-05at8_26_48pm.thumb.png.fdc6bd7899a9d1a628d8db624b502e34.png

i am not 100% sure but i dont think that the cooler suports the soket of your cpu/ motherboard

2 minutes ago, Timedemon2000 said:

i am not 100% sure but i dont think that the cooler suports the soket of your cpu/ motherboard

yes it does

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

1 minute ago, Tegneren said:

yes it does

oh true sorry my bad

I was still wondering if this machine is capable of holding the programs I want to use.....I'm not sure if I may need to add more ram but I think 16gb should suffice.....

4 minutes ago, KENOBIIII said:

I was still wondering if this machine is capable of holding the programs I want to use.....I'm not sure if I may need to add more ram but I think 16gb should suffice.....

its a really capable system so as far as you dont need to do heavy simulations with a lot of particles you should be fine no more ram should be necessary . In the gaming side its great.

“I had to go for intel since my dad hates amd“ I can totally picture this conversation.... “yes son, I will buy you a PC but I must be clear we don’t play for team red under my roof young man” 😂

You won't lose any SATA ports with that SSD as long as you put it in the top M.2 slot. Only an issue if using a SATA SSD. The Crucial is NVMe.

The bottom M.2 slot will disable SATA5 and SATA6 if you install a SATA or NVMe SSD there.

z490-a pro.jpg

On 5/5/2021 at 1:54 PM, KENOBIIII said:

Yeah it will have no problem in the apps you mentioned.

I have a muuuuch weaker pc without an RTX card and I can run Blender fine,I can only imagine yours is going to perform great.

The 16GB of ram are easily upgradeable so if you find yourself wanting more you can always get more without replacing your existing kit of ram.