Old server, how do I upgrade

So i've got my hands on a Dell Poweredge 1950 1U Rack Server equipped with 2 Xeon 5110s @ 1.6Ghz  and 8GB of ram in octo channel.

I want to upgrade the ram (as it is ddr2-667) and make the server quieter.

Basically I need more than 8 gigs (as close to 32 gigs as possible) of ddr2-1066 ram but I can't find a large quantity of the ram and I can't find 8 sticks of the same model that are above 8 gigs together. Where could I find the ram for a relatively cheap price? (OCZ gold or platinum memory especially wanted for the sick heat spreaders)

As for making the server quieter, I was thinking of getting cheapo 120mm fans from a local Mwave and then cutting holes into the case to mount the fans outside blowing air in. Is this feasible or will the server just force the fans to go full bore regardless?

7 hours ago, LBloxo said:

So i've got my hands on a Dell Poweredge 1950 1U Rack Server equipped with 2 Xeon 5110s @ 1.6Ghz  and 8GB of ram in octo channel.

I want to upgrade the ram (as it is ddr2-667) and make the server quieter.

Basically I need more than 8 gigs (as close to 32 gigs as possible) of ddr2-1066 ram but I can't find a large quantity of the ram and I can't find 8 sticks of the same model that are above 8 gigs together. Where could I find the ram for a relatively cheap price? (OCZ gold or platinum memory especially wanted for the sick heat spreaders)

As for making the server quieter, I was thinking of getting cheapo 120mm fans from a local Mwave and then cutting holes into the case to mount the fans outside blowing air in. Is this feasible or will the server just force the fans to go full bore regardless?

DDR2 4GB ram modules are extremely rare.

Your only chance is the used market and if you cant find anything there then im afraid you wont be able to have 32GB of ram.

14 hours ago, Cheburek said:

DDR2 4GB ram modules are extremely rare.

Your only chance is the used market and if you cant find anything there then im afraid you wont be able to have 32GB of ram.

Thats fair, but I am more concerned with geting faster ram then more ram anyway.