Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Windows backup not allowing me to exclude my HDD from the backup image.

So i want to take a backup system image of my c drive. But windows isn't聽letting me select only the c drive. Its adding my secondary hdd also to聽the backup image.(files on hdd聽come to聽456 gb馃槺) (files on the c drive on ssd is just聽 about 94 gb).

My laptop is the Hp EC -1024 ax ( Ryzen聽5 4600 H and nvidia聽 geforce 1650). It only had a hard drive with windows on it. So since it was upgradable to聽ssd, i installed a聽(M.2 256 gb WD) and formatted聽my hdd and reinstalled windows on the ssd. Now the thing is the EFI and Recovery drives along with the boot drive is on my HDD. Will shifting these to the聽SSD聽help windows to take an image only of the c drive?聽 if yes which software should i use?(preferably freeware)聽 or can i use cmd?聽

here are screenshots attached of my聽disk drives and the back up utility...697381090_Screenshot(31).thumb.png.1cc1e543d89104327294fb5c5524b604.png1370689711_Screenshot(32).thumb.png.23d69c02a5e56ca9b01aaa3c1151826e.png

4 minutes ago, Ravi Krishna said:

i installed a聽(M.2 256 gb WD) and formatted聽my hdd and reinstalled windows on the ssd.

I think that you left the additional partitions for Win on your HDD and didn't delete them.

You just formatted the OS partition.

I would delete the extra partitions on your HDD and then unplug all drives but the boot drive and reinstall Win, deleting all partitions on the boot drive first.

7 hours ago, wONKEyeYEs said:

I would delete the extra partitions on your HDD and then unplug all drives but the boot drive and reinstall Win, deleting all partitions on the boot drive first.

So is there a way i can back up my c drive so that i can reload all my programs without reinstalling them

5 minutes ago, Ravi Krishna said:

So is there a way i can back up my c drive so that i can reload all my programs without reinstalling them

It might be ok if you unplug all drives but boot drive and make a backup,

but if the OS identifies with any of the partitions on other drives the restore won't work.

Better to bite the bullet and do it right.

5 minutes ago, wONKEyeYEs said:

It might be ok if you unplug all drives but boot drive and make a backup,

Problem is my boot drive and efi (bios) are on my hdd. And i cant "unplug" since its a laptop. Also can i shift my efi and recovery drives to my ssd?? what software can i use

Just now, Ravi Krishna said:

Problem is my boot drive and efi (bios) are on my hdd. And i cant "unplug" since its a laptop.

The HDD is hardwired in?