High laptop temperature due to Intel Turbo Boost

Cephalexin
Go to solution Solved by AMD A10-9600P,

This isn't an issue, as it is a laptop and is not designed to be a high powered gaming machine, but it is possible to disable turbo boost. Download ThrottleStop and check the "Disable Turbo Boost" box, then your CPU should stay below it's turbo speed, so you should spare maybe a couple of degrees.

It can be normal for turbo boost to be disabled on battery power, as it means that the CPU uses less power, conserving battery life, and also producing less heat.

Hello!
I have a Lenovo Ideapad 520 15-ikb with i7-8550U and MX150 GPU 4GB VRAM. My CPU GHz is always at 1.8GHZ but when I run a game it boosts to 3.9 GHz  I checked the temperatures while gaming The GPU temp was average 75 degrees(C) while the CPU temperatures were between 88(C) and 96 (C) most of the with peak temp as 98(only saw that for a sec). Sometimes when I plug off my laptop before turning it on the turbo boost turns off(1.8GHZ) and my temperature became normal at 60C. So, any idea how can I fix this issue? Is there any way I can permanently disable Turbo boost?

Sorry for my bad English.

This isn't an issue, as it is a laptop and is not designed to be a high powered gaming machine, but it is possible to disable turbo boost. Download ThrottleStop and check the "Disable Turbo Boost" box, then your CPU should stay below it's turbo speed, so you should spare maybe a couple of degrees.

It can be normal for turbo boost to be disabled on battery power, as it means that the CPU uses less power, conserving battery life, and also producing less heat.

Desktop - i5-9600KF @4.8GHz all core, MSI Z390-A PRO, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, MSI GTX 1660S OC 6GB, WD Blue 500GB M.2 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM HDD

Laptop - ASUS ZenBook 14 with ScreenPad, i7-1165G7, Xe iGPU 96EU, 16GB Octa-Channel 4200MHz, MX450 2GB, 512GB SSD with 32GB Optane

Old Laptop 1 - HP Pavilion 15, A10-9600P, R5 iGPU, 8GB, R8 M445DX, 2TB HDD

Old Laptop 2 - HP Pavilion 15 TouchSmart, i3-3217U, Intel HD 4000, 4GB, 1TB HDD

iPad 2018 - 128GB

iPhone XR - 128GB

1 hour ago, AMD A10-9600P said:

Thank you very much