Need New Firewall/Router

Mind_001

I currently have a small AMD system that's running PFSense. It has 2x Ethernet ports. One is set to WAN, going from my Spectrum ISP Modem, other to LAN that goes into my switch. But that computer is slowly dying. Needed to reset it a few times this month. I just want something just in case, to replace this.

Diagram of my network:

IMG_20200125_101520114.thumb.jpg.888b18548e897f82c4a49d8bd8e63d5a.jpg

I have heard about the Ubiquiti ER-X, BUT it has gone up $100 (to $160) since last year... Is there some better options?

I have Spectrum internet, 200/11. So nothing too expensive should be needed here. Budget? ~$100

2 hours ago, Mind_001 said:

I have heard about the Ubiquiti ER-X, BUT it has gone up $100 (to $160) since last year.

Don't overpay. Usually goes for $55-60. Check out BHPhotoVideo and BalticNetworks for preorder or early notification. Also, the ER-X-SFP is basically an ER-X with an SFP port (about $100), so look out for that one, too.

2 hours ago, Mind_001 said:

Is there some better options?

It's hard to beat the ER-X at this price point. If you could extend your budget ($180), the Netgate SG-1100 is quite good too.

Depending in availability in your country, maybe look into pcengines apu2 for maximum power savings: 

https://pcengines.ch/order.htm

Otherwise, just get a cheap Optiplex or similar off eBay, best performance for the money for sure.

Also, consider switching to OPNsense, a pfsense for with some nice Quality of Life improvements

3 hours ago, orcv said:

Also, consider switching to OPNsense, a pfsense for with some nice Quality of Life improvements

I been looking at that, and it seems rather like what PFSense is plus a few whistles...