Need a QUIET case

Go to solution Solved by Chris Pratt,
46 minutes ago, Jjp1215 said:

I was actually looking into fractal design define 7 or the vektor RS, but I’ve seen they tend to get warm. Does the meshify line also have sound dampening stuff? 

No, that was sort of my point. Sound dampening and good airflow are contradictory in a case. It can't dampen sound without cutting off airflow. Any place air can get through is a place sound can get out.

However, you can have the best of both worlds with quality fans. I'm partial to Noctua, but there's other quality fans from the likes of Be Quiet or Artic. Cheap fans are louder by nature, and also don't move as much air, meaning you've got to run them at higher RPM for effect. If you have good, quality fans, you can run them at low RPMs and they'll be virtually silent.

Hello, I have a build right now in some cooler master case, and well it’s kind of loud. I am very new to this whole computer stuff as I’ve always had a Xbox. I have an Amd 5700xt and a ryzen 7 3700x. I am looking for a case that will cut sound down drastically but still doing good with cooling. I’ve been looking into a few different fractal design cases. Any recommendations for cases will be appreciated thanks

The Fractal Design Meshify line is very good. For reducing noise, fan quality actually matters more than the case though. A good airflow case like a Meshify is actually going to make a bad situation worse in the noise department because there's less metal and other materials to block the sound. Cases that advertise low noise or some form of sound proofing do that via closing off the case, along with the airflow.

I have a Meshify C with 2x140mm intake fans 2x120mm exhaust fans, plus 2x120mm CPU cooler fans, all Noctua. Even with 6 fans, it's dead silent, as I'm able to run all the fans at like 40-50% the majority of the time via a silence optimized fan curve, without my components heating up.

If you want silence you need good quality fans that you can run at low RPM.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

23 minutes ago, Chris Pratt said:

The Fractal Design Meshify line is very good. For reducing noise, fan quality actually matters more than the case though. A good airflow case like a Meshify is actually going to make a bad situation worse in the noise department because there's less metal and other materials to block the sound. Cases that advertise low noise or some form of sound proofing do that via closing off the case, along with the airflow.

I have a Meshify C with 2x140mm intake fans 2x120mm exhaust fans, plus 2x120mm CPU cooler fans, all Noctua. Even with 6 fans, it's dead silent, as I'm able to run all the fans at like 40-50% the majority of the time via a silence optimized fan curve, without my components heating up.

If you want silence you need good quality fans that you can run at low RPM.

I was actually looking into fractal design define 7 or the vektor RS, but I’ve seen they tend to get warm. Does the meshify line also have sound dampening stuff? 

46 minutes ago, Jjp1215 said:

No, that was sort of my point. Sound dampening and good airflow are contradictory in a case. It can't dampen sound without cutting off airflow. Any place air can get through is a place sound can get out.

However, you can have the best of both worlds with quality fans. I'm partial to Noctua, but there's other quality fans from the likes of Be Quiet or Artic. Cheap fans are louder by nature, and also don't move as much air, meaning you've got to run them at higher RPM for effect. If you have good, quality fans, you can run them at low RPMs and they'll be virtually silent.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

10 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

So would getting a meshify be more air flow? Over the define 7 or rs? And for each of the cases regardless I’d need new fans?