Need help finding software for a file

Go to solution Solved by Murasaki,

Another software that appears to be using the ADI format is AOMEI Backupper. The best way to figure out which it is, is to use the program and make a small test backup to compare the file headers.

So, I've been pulling data from old hard drives onto my new NAS, and I've come across an interesting file. Apparently, in 2013-2014, I used some sort of backup software to backup an old computer. Which is great, except that it saved the backups into a proprietary filetype. The files are called My Backup(1).adi (and it appears to be an incremental backup, since there's also a My Backup(1)1.adi, My Backup(1)2.adi, etc., that are much smaller).

1488637065_Screenshot2021-05-01210502.png.3caa7364896e46535c26bfd60db76acf.png

I've searched the filetype, and it comes up most often as belonging to Active@ Virtual Disk, which does indeed have a backup utility; unfortunately, I installed Active@, and it fails with "Error = 32." Unfortunately, I haven't been able to determine what error 32 means.

I've also opened the files in a hex editor, and they have what appears to be a file signature of "BIFH" (that, is the first 4 bytes are 0x42, 0x49, 0x46, and 0x48). Unfortunately, a search for that file signature also came up fruitless.

2028336470_Screenshot2021-05-01210520.thumb.png.2203a42af14954ea8746ce4f5dd292de.png

I'm at my wits end. I have no idea what's in this backup (or whether I already have the contents somewhere else), but I'd really like to crack into the contents if I can. Any suggestions for what software might be able to crack this nut?

Another software that appears to be using the ADI format is AOMEI Backupper. The best way to figure out which it is, is to use the program and make a small test backup to compare the file headers.