Coding an app

therobo6789
Go to solution Solved by pythonmegapixel,

You might want to take a look at NativeScript. It allows you to write JavaScript apps which run on iOS or Android. Javascript isn't difficult to learn.

You can write and test your app absolutely fine using VS Code on Linux or Windows, but only on Android devices. 

iOS apps have to be built on Macs and I think you have to have Xcode, though I don't believe it's necessary to actually use it for development, it just has to be present for some of the other tools and SDKs that are located in it.

However, you could develop and test on an Android device now, and then tweak for iPhone later. But then, in any case, if you want to get your app in Apple's app store, it's a pain. You have to pay Apple for a developer license and have it reviewed for compliance with their policies. Google Play is much less restrictive but there are still some hurdles to jump through.

The alternative is writing your app natively for iOS using Swift and Xcode. However, if you go this route, you need to have a Mac now, and you won't easily be able to port to Android in the future, so in your case I wouldn't necessarily recommend it.

Hey i wanna code an iphone app what do i need to learn and can i code it in visual code or do i need an macbook that has xcode?

You might want to take a look at NativeScript. It allows you to write JavaScript apps which run on iOS or Android. Javascript isn't difficult to learn.

You can write and test your app absolutely fine using VS Code on Linux or Windows, but only on Android devices. 

iOS apps have to be built on Macs and I think you have to have Xcode, though I don't believe it's necessary to actually use it for development, it just has to be present for some of the other tools and SDKs that are located in it.

However, you could develop and test on an Android device now, and then tweak for iPhone later. But then, in any case, if you want to get your app in Apple's app store, it's a pain. You have to pay Apple for a developer license and have it reviewed for compliance with their policies. Google Play is much less restrictive but there are still some hurdles to jump through.

The alternative is writing your app natively for iOS using Swift and Xcode. However, if you go this route, you need to have a Mac now, and you won't easily be able to port to Android in the future, so in your case I wouldn't necessarily recommend it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.