Did I damage my CPU?!

Go to solution Solved by Skiiwee29,

Likely no damage, but not a smart move to repeat in the future. 

Hi everyone.

So basically what happened is; a friend of mine had trouble with his pc. I then offered to take a look at it, as I know my what around a pc.

I came to the conclusion it's the HDD.

But in the troubleshooting process I removed the cpu to check if it was the cpu. (I took the fan and heatsinc off in that process)

I the put the whole pc back together (except the cpu cooler) then started it up. It booted into windows and shut off again. I know that is because of over heating. Did i do any terminal damage to the CPU.

Ps. Cpu is a AMD A8 7600

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

8 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Thanks. I definitely won't 

On 5/1/2021 at 6:12 PM, FakeKGB said:

The CPU will be fine. It has overheating protections for a reason.

Well, unfortunately it doesn't seem so.

Just put the pc back together with the heatshield and fan. But it isn't booting 😭

I checked everything but cant find any other problem.

Looks like I'll have to buy a new amd FM2 socket cpu

On 5/1/2021 at 6:21 PM, Grant ReasoningOwl said:

Thanks. I definitely won't 

Seems like there was damage, not booting after reassembly.

On 5/1/2021 at 12:12 PM, FakeKGB said:

The CPU will be fine. It has overheating protections for a reason.

Unless you disabled those safety in bios...😩

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

Just now, lotus10101 said:

I've never seen an option to do that, and even if you did find it, why would you disable them?

elephants

Just now, FakeKGB said:

I've never seen an option to do that, and even if you did find it, why would you disable them?

If your doing silly things with Ln2

My mobo has the option to set the temp you choose before it throttle and shut off plus specific ln2 options for those type of things

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

4 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

Watch some gamers Nexus, he shows these kinds of experiments so we don't have to try at home lol

On 5/5/2021 at 3:50 AM, lotus10101 said:

No. Bios is unchanged. I never mess with that.
I'm still on the hunt for an FM2/FM2+ socket APU