Project Reality - FPS game for mature gamers

30th of may 2015 update news:

The 1.3 version is here!

This means that this game is no longer a mod, but a FREE standalone game everybody can download and play.

V1.3 launch trailer:

Link to the website:
http://www.realitymod.com/

Link to downloads:

PR in a nutshell behind this link:

Now the original thread starting post:

Hi there,

If you are looking for realistic fps game where mic communication is not an option but requirement and majority of the community are over 20 years old mature gamers, welcome to the family.

All you need is to buy Battlefield 2 (costs 5-10 dollars) and patch it up to v1.5, then download the mod and go.

This mod has maps in modern military layouts and from Vietnam war. WW2 expansion is on its way.

My opinion is that there is no better game than this. Period.

If you want to take quick look into what it's like, just check Bluedrake42 channel from YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bluedrake42/videos?sort=dd&shelf_id=1&view=0

1.0 version trailer:

Any thoughts and/or experiences?

Not sure if this breaks the CoC.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

It does.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

even if it does, its stil better than cod. by far :) infact it is so much better, you can even compare it... cod is just another mmo fps, this is realism, tactics, teamwork...

It does.

even so, I think we can give this one a waive

Error: 410

Or you could play CS:GO.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

CS is competitive but admittedly not mature so this is one of the selling points I'll admit CS does not have.

I'm sorry if this sounds dumb, but what is CoC?

This is completely differend kind of game, completely.

Just look into it.

I'm sorry if this sounds dumb, but what is CoC?

Code of Conduct.

they dont make money on it....

i used to be big on it. kinda dont have anymore time these days, since a round can take up to 4 hours even

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Code of Conduct.

Oh, was my original post too "commercial like"?

I just wanted to introduce what we are talking about here.

I'm sorry if I broke the rules here.

Oh, was my original post too "commercial like"?

I just wanted to introduce what we are talking about here.

I'm sorry if I broke the rules here.

It came across as an advertisement. I didn't realize it's none profit. Carry on :) 

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

It came across as an advertisement. I didn't realize it's none profit. Carry on :)

Ditto. Just make sure to read the CoC after this. It is just good to read it.

Last time I played Project Reality, I played with some wannabe Marine Americans who couldn't stop swearing and quoting Family Guy. So much for "mature".

you mustve played on a mustnotbenamed server...

there are some that are very good, and some that are full of trolls...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

you mustve played on a mustnotbenamed server...

there are some that are very good, and some that are full of trolls...

I have to say that I've not seen trolls in PR nearly never. Of course there is cursing and fooling around, but true trolls, nah.

Wannabe marines sound like that those guys wanted to keep things "military like".

It is very common that people use military terms in this game due to it's nature of being extremely realistic (in limits of BF2 engine) and tactical.

There are ton of actual military personel playing this game. And yes, some may take it too seriously.

I have to say that I've not seen trolls in PR nearly never. Of course there is cursing and fooling around, but true trolls, nah.

Wannabe marines sound like that those guys wanted to keep things "military like".

It is very common that people use military terms in this game due to it's nature of being extremely realistic (in limits of BF2 engine) and tactical.

ever been to ]hardcore[ before it was tempbanned? or PRTA when wicca was fooling around? xD

but yeah, normally its a serious game

project reality is awesome. I played it at a friends, shame I don't have BFBC2

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

cool but i just bought Insurgency and i gotta say Insurgency is sooo fun and its very tactical! one wrong move and you are dead! i think Insurgency is more worth checking out and it needs more people anyway! definitely worth the price

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Hi there,

If you are looking for realistic fps game where mic communication is not an option but requirement and majority of the community are over 20 years old mature gamers, welcome to the family.

All you need is to buy Battlefield 2 (costs 5-10 dollars) and patch it up to v1.5, then download the mod and go.

This mod has maps in modern military layouts and from Vietnam war. WW2 expansion is on its way.

My opinion is that there is no better game than this. Period.

If you want to take quick look into what it's like, just check Bluedrake42 channel from YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Bluedrake42/videos?sort=dd&shelf_id=1&view=0

1.0 version trailer:

Any thoughts and/or experiences?

Thanks but ill wait for Project Reality 2, which is a standalone game using cry engine 3 made by the people that made the mod.

http://www.pr2game.com/

Thanks but ill wait for Project Reality 2, which is a standalone game using cry engine 3 made by the people that made the mod.

http://www.pr2game.com/

Yeah, it's going to be epic!

But there's no point of missing out from the BF2 mod version :)

Except if you want to save 5-10 dollars...

Yeah, it's going to be epic!

But there's no point of missing out from the BF2 mod version :)

Except if you want to save 5-10 dollars...

I have Call of duty 4. Which has two mods called Tactical Realism and Open Warfare. Plus I have Insurgency standalone.

Why is it every thread I go to has some know it all assholes telling someone "Already Posted" or "Breaks CoC" and are usually wrong. What kind of sorry crap has made you guys this way? If you have nothing to contribute butt out, the grown ups are talking.

Anyways thanks OP it looks cool. I'll give it a whirl. Sounds like my kind of game. Adults only.

I have Call of duty 4. Which has two mods called Tactical Realism and Open Warfare. Plus I have Insurgency standalone.

Last CoD that I played was CoD2 (the WW2 one).

Insurgency mod was pretty good, never tried the SA version.

Anyways thanks OP it looks cool. I'll give it a whirl. Sounds like my kind of game. Adults only.

Nice to hear that you will give it a try.

Just be sure to read the manual first and ask for help in-game!

• 3 weeks later...

Upcoming WW2 expansion is looking good.

Although there seems to be glitch (hand goes through weapon model) when the ammo clip is pressed down when reloading Garand.