USB devices constantly disconnecting

GalahadLives

I just built my first computer a couple days ago and haven't had any issues with it except for this. Occasionally the windows disconnect sound repeats itself around 5 times and then immediately plays the reconnect sound 5 times after the first disconnect chimes sound off (I have 5 devices connected), and when this happens all of the usb devices I have plugged into the computer disconnect and reconnect extremely quickly, the mouse and keyboard can still be actively used while the issue happens, but it disconnects me from the Wi-Fi (I'm using a Wi-Fi usb device due to no onboard Wi-Fi) and all the rgb turns off and resets itself, not sure if others have had this issue, its a power delivery thing, or if I made a mistake while building, could use any tips, thanks!

build is as follows (the gt 710 is a placeholder until I get an actual card yall know the struggle atm)

image_2021-04-28_003601.png

Did you Update your Bios?

AMD b550 and X570 have in very rare cases this Problem (more often with 5xxx Series CPU). AMD hast released a fixed via bios. Also make sure your updatet your Chipset driver (you can get it from MSI oder AMD)

Else if it really is the AMD USB problem, they sometimes suggest to set the PCIe mode from Gen4/Auto to Gen3 in your Bios or Disable Global C-State (also in Bios)

1 hour ago, toni2 said:

Did you Update your Bios?

AMD b550 and X570 have in very rare cases this Problem (more often with 5xxx Series CPU). AMD hast released a fixed via bios. Also make sure your updatet your Chipset driver (you can get it from MSI oder AMD)

Else if it really is the AMD USB problem, they sometimes suggest to set the PCIe mode from Gen4/Auto to Gen3 in your Bios or Disable Global C-State (also in Bios)

just updated my bios, chipset and went from gen 4 to 3, ill keep this thread updated if I get the disconnect issue again, thanks for you help 

Just now, GalahadLives said:

just updated my bios, chipset and went from gen 4 to 3, ill keep this thread updated if I get the disconnect issue again, thanks for you help 

as i sent this message the issue happened again

7 minutes ago, GalahadLives said:

as i sent this message the issue happened again

😕

hmm

some ideas:

- Can you try not to use all Devices at once to isolate if it's maybe one of the devices

- Are you running HWinfo? in Some very rare cases it lets AIOs crash (but only heared about it in combination with Corsair AIOs.)

- go to powerplants --> change plans --> deactivate USB energiesaving

grafik.thumb.png.3d8f2e037af880cf41f83de89469808f.png

*sorry for german Screenshots.

else i'm out of ideas sorry

and don't forget to reactivate PCIe gen4, it wasn'T the problem so no reason to keep it off.

just tried the usb energy saving as well, still disconnects randomly, and no im not running HWinfo thanks for trying to help, I think it might just be a power delivery issue with my outlets, but im not sure

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
47 minutes ago, Foxgott16 said:

Bought a new PC now. Fixed it.

LMAO. That's not fixing. And you really did bump a 2 year old thread to not even actually help.