Cooling pad for Legion Y540 (i7-9750H and RTX 2060)

Hello LTTians,

Mods, sorry if I've posted in wrong group.

My device details as follows

Legion Y540-15IRH

Device name: LAPTOP-NV9RUEC2
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz   2.59 GHz
RAM: 16 GB

GPU: RTX 2060 (6GB)

I'm facing heating issue when playing games, my GPU temp goes upto 85C, and when it reaches 85 celcius, my gpu is getting clocked down. BTW never monitored my CPU temps though, coz i've undervolted it as per the following guide.

Bob Of All Trades CPU undervolting guide 

While playing games, I keep the back of my laptop elevated with a small piece of wood which doesn't block the air intake and also air exhaust.

Need help in choosing cooling pad for my laptop.

Please do suggest from the following Indian merchants, if I import and import duties are heavy in India.

Amazon India

Flipkart

MD Compuers

TIA guys, looking forward for replies.

Arsenal of Hardware: Intel i7 6700k Processor | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming MB | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 16 GB 2400 MHz RAM | nVidia ZOTAC GeFore GTX 750 Ti 2GB (IK, I need to really upgrade this xD) | Phanteks P400S | 1*7500 RPM 2TB HDD WD Black (Have to really add an SSD for boot drive) | Seasonic M12II-850 Watt Bronze PSU | CoolerMaster Hyper 212x CPU Cooler | 24" 1080p BenQ GL2460 Monitor | Circle Gaming Keyboard Adroit X 7CLogitech G402 Gaming Mouse | HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset | Redgear Wireless Gamepad

4 minutes ago, Yassassin said:

LTTians

I dont think we have any other nick beyond "LTT Viewer".

6 minutes ago, Yassassin said:

coz i've undervolted it as per the following guide.

Considering step down the TDP through XTU Instead. There's a lot of force install tutorial for it, its worth a shot. Also, downclock your GPU through MSI Afterburner.

7 minutes ago, Yassassin said:

While playing games, I keep the back of my laptop elevated with a small piece of wood which doesn't block the air intake and also air exhaust.

Thats pretty much what i would recommend above buying any cooling pads. Cooling pads are pretty much just a laptop stand with a fan attached to it and its not worth the cost, ever.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

20 minutes ago, Yassassin said:

my GPU temp goes upto 85C

doesn't seem right for Y540, what's the ambient/room temp usually?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

1 minute ago, genexis_x said:

doesn't seem right for Y540, what's the ambient/room temp usually?

Mid 30, if i turn on AC while gaming, the temp sticks around 70C.

Arsenal of Hardware: Intel i7 6700k Processor | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming MB | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 16 GB 2400 MHz RAM | nVidia ZOTAC GeFore GTX 750 Ti 2GB (IK, I need to really upgrade this xD) | Phanteks P400S | 1*7500 RPM 2TB HDD WD Black (Have to really add an SSD for boot drive) | Seasonic M12II-850 Watt Bronze PSU | CoolerMaster Hyper 212x CPU Cooler | 24" 1080p BenQ GL2460 Monitor | Circle Gaming Keyboard Adroit X 7CLogitech G402 Gaming Mouse | HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset | Redgear Wireless Gamepad

41 minutes ago, Yassassin said:

Mid 30, if i turn on AC while gaming, the temp sticks around 70C.

Then you can easily chuck it to high ambient temperatures, thats a 15 degree delta between the 2. There's no fix to that beyond actually exhaust heat away from your room or throw more cold air from the outside instead of recycled warm air. Cooling pad doesnt really help when the room is already hot in the first place from my experience.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.